CrazyBoards.org

I don't know if there's one already started but I have some questions and could use advice because I am heading down the autoimmune path

I've had positive Ana over the years. I've seen a rheumatologist who told me it's nothing big. But this year I think what happened to me was a major player. And now my Ana titers are high. I'm experiencing some crazy symptoms and just wondering if they're related. Maybe we can talk about autoimmune stuff here

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

I don't know if there's one already started but I have some questions and could use advice because I am heading down the autoimmune path

I've had positive Ana over the years. I've seen a rheumatologist who told me it's nothing big. But this year I think what happened to me was a major player. And now my Ana titers are high. I'm experiencing some crazy symptoms and just wondering if they're related. Maybe we can talk about autoimmune stuff here

What kind of symptoms are you having?.....How high was your ANA titer, if you feel comfortable sharing that?........

According to medicinenet.com, ANA titers of 1:80 or lower are less likely to be significant, and ANA titers of 1:40 or lower are considered negative for autoimmune disease.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

Well I'm trying to trace it back to my breakdown in February. But prior to that I was having intense sweating heart palpitations insomnia digestive issues pain in my joints. But that all seem to subside when I stopped taking Effexor to a certain degree anyways. Now it's pain in my hips fatigue I forgot to mention a weird bumps and rash not on my face though like the typical lupus. And the other thing my middle finger has been curling up in the middle of the night and I can't straighten it very easily in the morning it's painful. Very weird. Most recently I had a very strange reaction to alcohol. Got red in the face and sharp stomach pains and instant diarrhea and vomiting. Wow that's a lot sorry LOL

• Like 1

@deeschmee.......According to hopkinsmedicine.org, the most common symptoms of autoimmune disease are:

Fatigue.....Joint pain and swelling......Skin problems.....Abdominal or digestive issues.....Recurring fever......Swollen glands

So while you do have some of these symptoms, the ANA titer results would be needed to diagnose an autoimmune problem.

• Like 1

@deeschmee, according to your lab results, you are positive for anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA)........

But according to what I read, and according to ucsfhealth.org, ANA titers between 1:40 and 1:60 are considered low positive....Also, according to that site, it is important to realize that different laboratories, may have different ranges of what they consider "low", or "high"....

In any case, I think a visit to a rheumatologist would be a good idea.....I'm sorry you will have such a long wait to see one..

I don't have any personal experience with autoimmune disease.......If there are others here who do have personal experience, hopefully they might respond.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

But according to what I read, and according to ucsfhealth.org, ANA titers between 1:40 and 1:60 are considered low positive...

That's what I found as well! 😳

You are always so kind in your responses. Thank you ❤

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, helenllama said:

I am starting to wonder if I have something going on now. 

I think I may have possibly had Drug-Induced Lupus in the past.  But then that is hard to find out either way.

I have heard of that also. I hope you're feeling better