What is your relationship with normal people

the maze runner

I hate normal people. I was lucky to go to the best tech institute in my country even though I just squeezed through. No one there was strictly normal with few exceptions but they were a minority and faced the sardonic wrath of the others. I hate normal people. I really do.

They're OK I guess. I don't hate them these days, although it depends what you mean by 'normal' people. In a general way the world created by these normal and sane people is an absolute fucking nightmare, and they can all go shove their heads up their own arses and suffocate in their own flatulence for all I care. But on an individual level they're not so bad. Some of them. Have you heard the expression "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well"? It's pretty much true. There's no clear line dividing us and them. I sometimes think that everyone is crazy but only some of us realise it. Everyone else is too crazy to realise how insane they are. But a lot of my distrust and loathing of 'normals' used to stem from a sense of shame of how I am. "They won't understand but fuck them! I don't want them to understand anyway." A surprising number of people do understand to some extent. They've been through their own shit or know someone who has. The things you feel are felt by many people to some extent and you aren't some sort of alien. Some people are just absolute fucking arseholes of course. Maybe arsehole and non-arsehole is a better way to think than normal and abnormal. Don't mean to preach. I often do feel like an alien and wish these humans would go fuck themselves.

9 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

They're OK I guess. I don't hate them these days, although it depends what you mean by 'normal' people. In a general way the world created by these normal and sane people is an absolute fucking nightmare, and they can all go shove their heads up their own arses and suffocate in their own flatulence for all I care. But on an individual level they're not so bad. Some of them. Have you heard the expression "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well"? It's pretty much true. There's no clear line dividing us and them. I sometimes think that everyone is crazy but only some of us realise it. Everyone else is too crazy to realise how insane they are. But a lot of my distrust and loathing of 'normals' used to stem from a sense of shame of how I am. "They won't understand but fuck them! I don't want them to understand anyway." A surprising number of people do understand to some extent. They've been through their own shit or know someone who has. The things you feel are felt by many people to some extent and you aren't some sort of alien. Some people are just absolute fucking arseholes of course. Maybe arsehole and non-arsehole is a better way to think than normal and abnormal. Don't mean to preach. I often do feel like an alien and wish these humans would go fuck themselves.

yeah i do agree with the majority of what you said

Edited by the maze runner

On 12/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, the maze runner said:

I hate normal people. I really do.

It's possible that some people can present themselves as "normal", or "typical" to the outside world, but in reality, they have an addiction or mental illness that they are hiding.

Prime example is one of my family members, my aunt, who is passed away now..........She held a great job, had lots of friends, was very sociable and happy to everyone she interacted with....But turned out that she binge drank alcohol on the weekends when she was alone, and suffered from untreated depression......One weekend, she overdosed by mixing alcohol and pain medication, and died.......She was only 52 at the time.....It was a tragedy for our family.

So, just because someone might appear and act "normal" or "typical" on the outside, that might not be necessarily the case.

One of my favorite quotes about this subject comes from an old television show than ran back in 1960s, called "The Addams Family"....Some of you might have seen re-runs of it.....This is a quote from one of the main characters, "Morticia Addams":

"Normal is an illusion....What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Edited by CrazyRedhead

9 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

It's possible that some people can present themselves as "normal", or "typical" to the outside world, but in reality, they have an addiction or mental illness that they are hiding.

Prime example is one of my family members, my aunt, who is passed away now..........She held a great job, had lots of friends, was very sociable and happy to everyone she interacted with....But turned out that she binge drank alcohol on the weekends when she was alone, and suffered from untreated depression......One weekend, she overdosed by mixing alcohol and pain medication, and died.......She was only 52 at the time.....It was a tragedy for our family.

So, just because someone might appear and act "normal" or "typical" on the outside, that might not be necessarily the case.

One of my favorite quotes about this subject comes from an old television show than ran back in 1960s, called "The Addams Family"....Some of you might have seen re-runs of it.....This is a quote from one of the main characters, "Morticia Addams":

"Normal is an illusion....What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

yeah probably true. one of those things i guess. like when we say somehing is difficult or beautiful or normal or whaetver those things depend on a point of view and are subjecyive statements.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Don't know if you're into heavy metal but I find this cathartic. Not everyone's cup of tea I know. I actually don't like tea and prefer coffee, which is useless information.

i haveb't heard this one but first album of slipknot i heard like hundreds of times.

Edited by the maze runner