session w pdoc

It had been a while since an in- person appointment.  

The drugs I’m given in a very safe environment for the process are helping me through a ton of this PTSD.

I was repeatedly reminded to breathe, and to let my body relax into the chair.

I have given my Pdoc permission to touch me so at one point he had one hand under my neck, and the other on my solar plexus area to remind me to breathe.  Having this Dr. who is a bit on the alternative style of medicine has given me so much hope.

All for now,

H

Edited by shimmeree

On 12/9/2022 at 3:59 PM, shimmeree said:

I have given my Pdoc permissin to touch me so at one point he had one hand under my neck, and the other on my solar plexus area to remind me to breathe.  Having this Dr. who is a bit on the alternative style of medicine has given me so much hope.

i am super glad that you have a ton of hope now! i wanted to know why your psychiatrist needs to touch you at all? what is he/she doing or attempting to do in touching you?

hope all continues to go well!

Thank you for your concern.  Before he became a psychiatrist he was trained in body work.  He always asks permission before we proceed.  I have been seeing him for about 13 years and trust him thoroughly.  While under the meds I take during a session, if panic occurs, I tend to need to be reminded to breathe.  

I have an online appointment in a month, and we’ll schedule another in person appt. for a month after that.