A thread in the "Healthcare System Sucks" subforum so hopefully OK

DogMan

Thursday 1st December. Appointment with pushy, invalidating, triggering Medical Officer

Friday 2nd. Rang case manager. Got voicemail. Rang back an hour later, receptionist scolded me and said that she got the 1st message

Friday 9th. Rang back. Got voicemail

9am Monday 12th. Texted the manager (She gave me her number since I have a tendency to elevate things to industry bodies etc)

No reply

My case manager is my official suicide safety plan. So that sucks

• Sad 1

What time is it there now? And do you know who the case manager's manager is? If you have gone another full day with radio silence, I would escalate by saying you have had zero response after 4 attempts, and given that you are following their crisis protocol, can (whomever) intervene?

Spoke to a human. Actually 2. And not the grumpy Friday receptionist 

Receptionist put me onto Duty Worker. Who said case manager is away. But he'll be in touch 

Grumpy Friday woman could have just said that 

Mia, I have the manager's mobile phone number. She gave it to me to try to save complaints to industry watch dogs. I texted her yesterday 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DogMan said:

Mia, I have the manager's mobile phone number. She gave it to me to try to save complaints to industry watch dogs. I texted her yesterday 

Gotcha. Thought you meant you'd texted the case manager, was getting muddled. 

I'm glad you had some human contact, but hope you are not left waiting for too much longer.

What was your role in creating this safety plan, if its OK to ask? And was it decided upon because of CMHT clinic policy and procedure, or because this actually works for you? Was it based on actual informed consent, or "informed consent", figuring you know what I mean by that?

Of course, you are free to ignore me or tell me to fuck off, if you so please. 

1 minute ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

What was your role in creating this safety plan, if its OK to ask? And was it decided upon because of CMHT clinic policy and procedure, or because this actually works for you? Was it based on actual informed consent, or "informed consent", figuring you know what I mean by that?

Of course, you are free to ignore me or tell me to fuck off, if you so please. 

i wasn't in a great place, so yeah "informed consent"

i *think* tayla my inital case manager was quite uncomfortably pregnant, so understandably cutting corners

rachel, second case manager hated her job and didn't respect me

dr maria asked what my safety plan was (I think right in the cross taper point zero) and i said that i didn't have one, so that plan was haphazardly conceived on a whim

12 hours ago, DogMan said:

Spoke to a human. Actually 2. And not the grumpy Friday receptionist 

Receptionist put me onto Duty Worker. Who said case manager is away. But he'll be in touch 

Grumpy Friday woman could have just said that 

I hope someone gets back in touch soon......I'm sorry this happened to you.

aha!

return call from case manager

case manager's manager returned my text wednesday. Apologised, said she's on leave and would fwd text to fill in

2 weeks to the day of first mini crisis call, kachi rang back

i wasn't near my phone. Voicemail said he'd try later. I think they have team meeting fridays