Thanks for all the fish

DogMan

To all the mods and admins over the years. Although only 2 will see this

From the original uberspazen (Uber Spaz was early term for BP + epilepsy + autism. Jared, Maddy, I forget the third) to all who followed

Cunt of a job

• Like 3

You said it. I don't want to say goodbye. I feel like this is 1999 and I'm feeling all my jugs with water because Y2K is going to be the end of the world except it wasn't

I can't even imagine how meticulously difficult and thoroughly challenging it had to be as a moderator. But you two (  @Cerberus and @MiaB)  and yes I remember Gearhead,also we're fabulous. Your efforts are not going unrecognized. I am blessed to have met you both..

Thank you ❤

• Like 3

On 12/30/2022 at 12:40 AM, DogMan said:

Cunt of a job

Couldn't have said it more swearily myself. Could've added an f-word at the start but sometimes there's eloquence in being succinct.

On 12/30/2022 at 12:54 AM, deeschmee said:

I feel like this is 1999 and I'm feeling all my jugs

Erm... filling? Strange reaction otherwise. Less worrying about y2k and more partying like it's 1999 with Prince. All of them? How many have you got? Sorry. Possibly inappropriate, and now I'm wondering if "jugs" is just a British thing and nobody knows what the fuck I'm talking about. No, I'm pretty sure they say jugs in other countries. Not a great word is it?

12 hours ago, argh said:

Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust.

Ashes to ashes. Funk to funky.

Remember these words of wisdon - Don't panic!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:
On 12/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, deeschmee said:

I feel like this is 1999 and I'm feeling all my jugs

Erm... filling? Strange reaction otherwise

Omg what is wrong with me!!??

Talk to text...damn it

• Haha 1

I quit coming to CB with any regularity a long time ago. I can't even put a date on it. The design is new? Since the new design, at least?  It looks like I have no profile so whatever happened wiped that out. I still popped in occasionally for research purposes but I wasn't paying attention to anything else. You can't tell if a site is in decline if you're only focused on content and not on dates of volume or anything. 

I never thought there would come a day when this wouldn't be a resource for me to fall back on and I'm truly sorry to see it go. There was a time in the beginning when I was part of a community but that didn't last long. My internet life was imploding and my real life got too busy and I stepped back from here and people changed and then I didn't know anyone and they didn't know me. I once knew a lot of people by name and still remember a few people by personality....I'll miss those interactions from back then. They helped me in my early years of trying out medications, something I was formerly opposed to for familial reasons and for personality reasons such as being stubborn and wanting to be better than....rather than facing up to something that I wasn't ready to face up to....the fact that I wasn't going to escape the genetics of my heritage.

I learned about cocktails and I learned the ins and outs of all sorts of dxs and I learned about all kinds of resources. This site was invaluable and the people, by and large, were invaluable. This was one part of my internet life that I will always be thankful for and sad to see it go - much like it's brother-in-arms: crazymeds.

Adding my so long and...

Ruins

• Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 3:29 PM, Fluent In Silence said:

No, I'm pretty sure they say jugs in other countries. Not a great word is it?

There aren't a lot of slang words for mammary glands that stand up to scrutiny. In this case, however, one might find a certain etymological rationale: When one goes to the grocery, one frequently buys a jug...jugs are what people frequently call containers that hold milk.

It's similar in a way to the reason that ships are given female names - they carry people inside them.

• Like 2

Hello,

I’m so sorry to have disappeared. It was never my intention. My health collapsed to the point where one day, I just didn’t have the energy to log it, and it stayed that way for a long time.

It has been a privilege and a joy knowing all of you. I hope our paths cross again.

Gearhead

• Like 6

I checked how long I have been a member here and it turns out to be about 5 years. I would have guessed it was longer. It's been such a helpful resource. I learned a lot, and I got a lot of support. I'm glad that I was able to be a part of this site. Thank you to everyone who participated in the site through the years ❤️

Ion

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gearhead said:

Hello,

I’m so sorry to have disappeared. It was never my intention. My health collapsed to the point where one day, I just didn’t have the energy to log it, and it stayed that way for a long time.

It has been a privilege and a joy knowing all of you. I hope our paths cross again.

Gearhead

Be well ❤

7 minutes ago, Ion said:

I checked how long I have been a member here and it turns out to be about 5 years. I would have guessed it was longer. It's been such a helpful resource. I learned a lot, and I got a lot of support. I'm glad that I was able to be a part of this site. Thank you to everyone who participated in the site through the years ❤️

Ion

I appreciate your input on many of my posts. Thank you for caring.

Some of us have found mysupportforums

17 hours ago, Gearhead said:

Hello,

Gearhead

Glad and sad you could be here at the end, if that makes sense. Probably doesn't but let's move on. You were a great mod and person.

22 hours ago, KJ said:

Like sand through an hourglass....these were the best days of my life.

Thank you everybody.

KJ

Aww KJ! Only 90 comments but I do remember you. You laughed at my stupid jokes. You have a terrible sense of humour too! Fuck that! You have a great sense of humour. Some people lack our sophistication. The cunts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey everyone-

unfortunately I haven’t been able to participate much with everyone saying their goodbyes, but I did want to take the time and say good luck to everyone here. CB helped me through a lot of hard times, which wouldn’t have been possible without the helpful, valuable and often humorous input many have provided over the years. I am going to miss you all, and I am going to miss this place. There are lots of potential sentimental comments I could add here, but I don’t think they could do justice to my emotions while writing this. So instead, I will somberly say a big thank you to the mods for keeping this place alive and wish everyone all the best in their mental health journeys. 

iceberg 

• Like 3