Farewell

Cerberus

I hate goodbyes. But that’s hardly surprising, as Autistic people like me tend to abhor change. Unfortunately, in this Universe, change is the inevitable constant. Change is good, though - if nothing ever changed, if we never had to adapt, we would never grow.

Change means an end to something, but as it occurs it also marks a beginning of something else. After tomorrow I will have no more CB to log into - but that means something else will fill the void of that time. I have no idea what it will be, but it will be something. Nature abhors a vaccuum.

I am confident that each of you will fill this empty space with something new in your own lives, and the reason for my confidence is that you have all demonstrated an ability to grow and change through your work here in combating your MI. If you take nothing else away with you, I hope you take the knowledge that it is within your power to overcome the challenges you face.

I am proud of what we accomplished together in having a positive influence on so many lives. This has been one of the most significant occupations in my life, one of the things that defined me. We will all have to redefine ourselves now to some degree - but isn’t that what CB has been about from the beginning? My hope is that we have left you all with the skills and tools to continue to make positive change in your lives.

My signature at the bottom of my profile has always said ‘Gallifreyan by choice’, so I will leave you with the words of the most famous of the Time Lords: Let there be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Cerberus

• Like 6