CrazyBoards.org

Still having good days and really bad days...

I am taking 600 lithium carbonate, 100 Zoloft, clonezepam as needed, Seroquel as needed, Ambien CR and I just got put on 300 Trileptal to see if I can get off the lithium because of the severe cognitive/memory problems it causes me.

I went 18 years without these kind of complications. And now, nothing is consistent. I guess I need to make a very detailed mood chart.

I keep telling the doc that the Seroquel makes me totally depressed the next day if I take it, but sometimes the Ambien does not work at ALL. He doesn't like that or believe it.

Any other tips on getting this all sorted out and convincing the doc if the Seroquel IS making me depressed? I know I have BP bad but this is ridiculous1

I am taking 600 lithium carbonate, 100 Zoloft, clonezepam as needed, Seroquel as needed, Ambien CR and I just got put on 300 Trileptal to see if I can get off the lithium because of the severe cognitive/memory problems it causes me.

I went 18 years without these kind of complications. And now, nothing is consistent. I guess I need to make a very detailed mood chart.

I keep telling the doc that the Seroquel makes me totally depressed the next day if I take it, but sometimes the Ambien does not work at ALL. He doesn't like that or believe it.

Any other tips on getting this all sorted out and convincing the doc if the Seroquel IS making me depressed? I know I have BP bad but this is ridiculous1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sometimes wonder - and please remember, this is just my thoughts - whether these crazy drug-cocktails people end up on are helpful.  Could it be that going off everything and starting from scratch might be the best plan of action?  Then at least we'd be able to figure out what drugs are actually treating the disorder itself, rather than compensating for the effects of the other drugs......

Don't know if this applies to you MellowYellow, but...

Angelwhore: While I understand the logic in your thinking, please keep in mind that many of us have tried this strategy and had it backfire in our faces -- and backfire badly. It's obviously tempting to try, but is a dangerous option for many BPs.

MY, wish I knew what to tell you, but I don't have a lot of experience with cocktails and none with the individual meds you are taking (other than Ambien, that is). Hopefully, someone with experience will post soon.

Best,

revlow

Archived