CrazyBoards.org

I have this terrible urge to take all my Prozac at once. I have 17 capsules and I have no idea what it would do to me, but I'm so fucking depressed right now.

I can't work, I can't sleep at the right time, I feel like a failure.

It's May Day bank holiday so there's nobody I can speak to and nowhere I can go.

is there something in particular that is making you feel depressed?

I'm not sure that taking 17 prozacs is going to relieve the situation. It may very well make you feel worse, so it's probably a good idea NOT to.

I think I probably have Bipolar II, my psychiatrist suggested it. At the moment I'm having a depressed episode in which I have no motivation and a constant headache. At least if I were manic I might get some work done and stop feeling sorry for myself.

I'm also anorexic and am finding it terribly difficult to eat anything. I've been living off mostly water for the past few days. If I do eat, and it's when I get so hungry I can't help it, I have to be sick afterwards because of the guilt. Then I go back to just the water.

I've been up and down all my life but it's been the last few years that everything has got so much worse.

I can't see my psychiatrist until next Tuesday and it's a bank holiday so I can't speak to my GP or any of my tutors. I feel lost.

I just spoke to my parents and they suggested going to hospital anyway (only about 15mins walk away) and seeing if my psychiatrist is there or if somebody can help me. I think I'll do that.

Thanks everybody.

I just had a shower so I look a little more presentable, then I actually bother to wear something other than my pyjamas and get my arse down to hospital.

Thanks everybody.

I just had a shower so I look a little more presentable, then I actually bother to wear something other than my pyjamas and get my arse down to hospital.

Yes, do, get your arse down there! And let us know how you are and what they said when you come back!

17 prozac would just make you puke, probably and make your headache so much worse...

Go!

I'm back. It was helpful...sort of, except that the nurse kept having to leave because of her beeper thingy.

I told her everything. She was sympathetic but when I mentioned my eating problems she reeled off the whole "If you don't put petrol in a car..." thing. I'm fully aware of my condition so telling me stuff like that is no good. She also said stuff about only having one body and looking after it. I said I hated my body to which she replied that there were crippled people who were worse off. I then told her about my vocal problems (I'm a singer) and how to me that feels like being crippled.

I also mentioned how I feel guilty for surviving cancer and that subconsciously I've possibly been trying to do myself in since.

When I finally left, I got attacked by some pigeons - they kept flying at me, it was really unnerving and I had a short screaming and crying fit.

The worst part of it was the timing, if I hadn't just been telling a nurse about how crazy I am I don't think it would have bothered me so much.

I sent my mum a text and she said "please don't get a thing about birds" !

She also asked me if I had been hallucinating but I doubt it.

Boz-pot: I have mixed feelings about what the nurse said to you. If you are suffering from depression, and it sure sounds like that, then it is completely irrelevant that there are people who are "worse off".

You are feeling desperate and confused, I can tell from your post. This is not your fault!

We are all here for you, and I want you to keep talking to us for as long as you need to.

Depression is a nasty illness, and you need support.

We will do our best to help you through this.

If I could take all of your pain, and inject it into myself for you in order to rid you of it, I would.

Keep us posted.

Morning all. Thankyou so much for all your help and support. I really appreciate it.

Today I seem to have gone from flat depression to anxious depession - not sure which is worse - and I feel like I'm going to have a screaming fit at any moment.

Last night I went to the pub with a friend and while I was there, suffered a short but powerful mixed episode. I was feeling very jumpy already, but in the space of about a minute, I laughed hysterically, then cried. I felt very out of control and shaky. Luckily my friend wasn't freaked out and he gave me a hug.

I had a nasty shock this morning too. When I went to get some money from the cash machine it said I was

I think that it would be wise to take some time off. I am taking a whole year off of university myself.

I plainly told my psychiatrist that I needed the time off, and he got in touch with the univeristy and told them, without going into too much medical detail, that I was in no fit state to study. The university were very sympathetic, and don't even have to pay tuition fees for the extra year. My advisor of studies occasionally calls me to ask how I'm doing.

I plan to go back and continue in September. Hopefully my medication combination will be stable by then. Fingers crossed!

Archived