CrazyBoards.org

My med container is overflowing

Um, I feel crazy. Crazy because I'm on so many meds. It takes this many meds to make me normal?

Zoloft 100mg

Lamictal 200mg

Concerta 34 mg/possibly going up to 54mg

Seroquel 200-300 mg

Soon to add Lunesta when my pdoc gets done reaming the insurance company

Zinc

Selenium

Is my liver going to rebel? What are the long-term side effects of this many meds?

Am I going to turn into a newt? ;)

I've got a loaded pillbox too.

celexa 40 mg

depakote 1250 mg

risperdal 2 mg

zoloft 50 mg

lamictal 100 mg

synthroid .075 mg

zinc/selenium/vitamin e/biotin/chromium picolinate

Well, I see one upside: I have to drink a lot of water to wash 'em down!

Hey! I love rabbits, too. Well, I'm assuming you love rabbits. ;)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm thoroughly overmedicated.

You're right, though. I have started drinking so much water that I'm floating away....

Heh. Actually, I don't like rabbits, my username is a personal joke of mine. But it makes people think I'm sweet and cuddly.

Yes, overmedicated? Maybe. But I do know that mood-wise, I haven't felt this good in... decades? Literally. I haven't felt "well" my entire life. This is a vast improvement, and if the money and exhaustion (weight gain, etc) are the price to pay... well, so be it, I suppose...

Yes, overmedicated? Maybe. But I do know that mood-wise, I haven't felt this good in... decades? Literally. I haven't felt "well" my entire life. This is a vast improvement, and if the money and exhaustion (weight gain, etc) are the price to pay... well, so be it, I suppose...

This is the point! If you are feeling 'well' then the medications are working, and I would not want to question a good thing. I take a fair bit of medication myself, and may be a bit 'overmedicated' considering that my life has changed, but I'm not planning to change any of it. If it works, that's 'enough' for me.

Fiona

It's just I was so anti-med. Not exactly against them, I just wanted them to be the last ditch effort.

Now I'm sooo happy on my drugs. I wish there was another way, but you're right. Don't fuck with a good thing.

Archived