CrazyBoards.org

My Landlord Sucks!

Loon-A-TiK

My landlord sucks. When I want something repaired (like the front right burner on my stove that doesn't work), I have to call the guy in my building who "fixes" stuff and wait 20 years for him to get around to it. My place has radiator heating and freezes in the winter, the fuses blow constantly, and there are kids in the back who skateboard on the handicapped ramp at the church behind my apartment and make a lot of noise. Basically, this is my rant about my crappy apartment and even crappier service. I pay rent, more than enough rent for my crappy apartment, and expect some quality over here!

Every city has a place that deals with tenants rights. If you have something fixed that has to do with tenability because the landlord didn't have it fixed in a reasonable amount of time you can deduct it from your rent. Maybe call city hall (or your equivalent) and find out who handles stuff like that to light a fire under your landlords ass.

Lilie

I like him because he'll let me split my rent into 2 monthly payments rather than 1 big one if I'm short on money, and he is a nice guy, even though the service is quite bad.

I guess I should say that my INNER BITCH BIPOLAR ASS hates him, and NICE ME likes him lol

MY land lady is huffy about fixing anything, says we can't flush the toilet or shower after 10PM because (she lives upstairs) and it keeps her fucking awake. Now that we're moving she's finally deciding to fix crap down here...

She used to call drunk, get really insulting and freaky... she fucking called me fatso when she was drunk once.

A couple nights ago I laid in bed and she POUNDED down on her floor because of that litttle noise of me getting in bed. Sheet. She does shit like that all the fucking time. And since we're moving I decided to have some FUN. So when she slammed on her floor I yelled up for her to fuck the hell off.

Loon-A-TiK:

This is why I suggest you move out of an ancient urban suburb with crumbly buildings to somewhere shiny, new, sprawling, and McMansiony. uhh yeah.

See, I live in a nice shiny suburban part of town, in a 20 year old apartment complex, renovated last year, with an incredibly responsive management. Oh wait... what was that? That's right, I live in the middle of nowhere.

So my end advice is to uh, at least be happy you live in a real city. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm moving as soon as possible. The building looks like garbage, it is embarassing to have guests. my rent is high enough that you'd expect at least the hedges looking normal. but NO! because my LANDLORD SUCKS DONKEY DONG. now he'd bugging me for more money. which i do owe him, but the way he bugs me is just intimidating to me, being MI and weird already.

I just can't stand him anymore. i was at his place in the first place because he WAS so cool.. now i think his 90 year old girlfriend is influencing him or something. she's like 20 years older than him. no offense, becaue all my boyfriends are older, but it is just weird.

i am just weird.

RANT RANT RANT

• 1 month later...

Now repairs have been made- because he sold the bldg and didn't tell anyone! we don't know who the new owners are or who to pay the rent to. i guess i'll find out when they come trying to get their rent!

but he sucks. as i said in the Law rant, he is taking me to small claims court over unpaid rent. hey, he paid it up to make the books look better, let me build a balance in the first place, and is generally being persistent and unreasonable.

so he wins the Suck award of the day by Loon!

Archived