CrazyBoards.org

first of all, let me start out with; my agoraphobia is bad. like, crippling, fetal position, crying sort of bad. I've also had that sort of without-reason unease for the past week and a half or so, just sort of feeling really shitty. like the predecessor to a panic attack. people are my biggest trigger.

so! I spent the weekend (well, up to a couple hours ago) at my grandparents' house. these are my "sane" grandparents -- no MI or whatever, and very little in that side of the family. naturally, they were briefed on my current state, which admittedly isn't the best. I'm in med-limbo and I've been having panic attacks for the past week, in very untriggering situations, like walking down the hallway at school.

yesterday, they dragged me to a big carnival thing, a "renaissance festival" to be technical. a fucking billion people, it was packed. and guess what? I didn't panic. really! (this makes me happy just thinking about it.) they even made me sit in a bleacher-type place with people right behind me. (this is my other biggest trigger -- if I can't see you, you freak me out.) I feel like getting up and dancing, I'm so happy!

of course it was all the ativan. but, still. it can be done!

let me know if anyone dislikes good news. ;) and believe me, if I can do it, so can you!

Heya vunja,

That's awesome!

Definitely keep this day as a highlight.

And thanks for sharing it with us.

Helps others like, oh, I dunno, *me,* think it's possible to manage those freaky crowd situations.

Yay for you!

(And who cares if Ativan helped, that doesn't lessen your achievement. It's a tool, you use the tools you need.)

;):):cussing:

--ncc--

YAY! I love good news- it gives me hope!!! Congrats on a huge accomplishment. hooray for ativan if it can open new doors!!

share good news whenever you can- its a nice change for me to hear something positive. and you should be very proud- so why not sing it loud!!!

(ok did not intend the rhyme)

: )

Helps others like, oh, I dunno, *me,* think it's possible to manage those freaky crowd situations.

that's the point. ;)

ah, good luck all~ you can do it. -cheesy cheesy-

(now I just have to get through my insane grandparents tonight, and then I'm free!)

<3

Whoo-Hoo! THat's so cool and thanks for sharing. I have REALLY cool grandparents, too. They make me feel great every time I think of them and how understanding and nice they've been to me. (we live 2000 miles apart). My grandma even flew out to visit having never been on an airplane before! Of course, ativan is always welcome in my life, too. Heh heh

Archived