CrazyBoards.org

Finding Colleagues Funny

Just when I thought I had some vague handle on the "I want to be Dead NOW!' depression type thing a new problem has surfaced.

I keep finding my colleagues funny.

Hysterically, wheezing, side splitting laugh out loud, whooping gasping for air funny.

Take this one guy for example, a sweet gnome of a man with a tendency to talk acronyms. Some people cannot talk without waving their hands, this guy cannot say a sentence without using at least one acronym.

So there we were, monday morning status meeting boring-boring-stressfull-boring and he is giving his feedback.

Wall to wall acronyms.

"Do you come with a Glossary?", I ask with a toothy grin.

So he tries, he honestly tries to expand each acronym.

In terms of three or four other acronyms.

Each acronym unraveling to involve another two.

With each new acronym my smiles get wider and toothier, my laughter harder till I'm clutching my sides in agony....

Oh dear. Maybe after a beer or three this is appropriate, but I get the distinct impression my somewhat, ah, curious, inner nature is leaking out via this channel.

Speaking of Gnomes. There are three, short, plump, white hair gentleman with neat white beards at work.

They seem to be friends, and I when I meet them in the corridor I have to hurry on before I start imagining bright green embroided waistcoats and red pointy hats...

If they _ever_, just once, bring a fishing pole to work they going to have to carry me out, baying with laughter, on a stretcher. :-))

And the strongest thiing I'm on is coffee!

A suddenly sharpened whit, skewering coworkers, and laughing at everybodies jokes, along with whistling cheery attitude use to be the first symptoms of hypomania for me.

But, memos. Look out for the memos and emails, long furious emails, that is the next step for me up the hypo ladder. ;)

a.m.

i had a laughing hysterical fit on easter. it started after a seemingly innocent remark about my son graduating from high school next year. it was totally inappropriate but i couldnt stop myself. it went on for over 10 minutes and had everyone looking at me like i was crazy.

OMG you make me laugh, which is what we psychos need! And remind me of coworkers in days past...

One lectured me like a college professor. I could go to him with 2+2= and I'd get calculus. We'd end up in South Africa talking about motherboards for PCs. I never could figure out how this would happen. It would take all my endurance not to laugh.

I also would get so frustrated wtih some of my crappier bosses that I'd imagine them with devil horns or popping out eyeballs or some other form of malfunction, and this would make me snicker, probably implying to them that I was disrespectful. I was only trying to make it without Klonopin! lol

when i'm in a great peppy mood, i have a hard time not laughing at everything. a look, a word, everything is uncontrollably hilarious--and it's infectious. whoever i'm with starts laughing and grinning against their will as well. they can't help it. and if they're men, they think i'm crushing on them in a big giddy way. then they start checking me out, getting that ogling semi-blushing look on their faces and i want to smack them and tell them to stop taking my giggling madness personally. wow, it's good to see i'm not the only one who does this.

But, memos. Look out for the memos and emails, long furious emails, that is the next step for me up the hypo ladder. ;)

a.m.

My mailer has a nifty "Postpone" feature and always has about twenty or thirty Postponed emails in it.

On days I think I'm on a more even keel I go through and delete about half of them, and tone down and send the others. Sometimes they are extremely funny, extremely accurate and would cause personal enmity unto the fourth generation.

Sometimes they are just embarrasing. Why does my spelling and grammar go totally to maggots when I'm ranting?

Even so, some which look perfectly innocent to me under all lights and moods get out and _still_ cause gravest offence to someone. Sigh! I Guess I'm not the only one at work with a screw or two loose.

I go through periods where, although I'm relatively sane, funny things (and not so funny things) send me into gales of laughter. Like, sobbing, tears running down my face laughter. Apparently it's the best medicine ;)

Heya SandDune,

Heheh.

I would be laughing too.

Hypo? I dunno. Is this characteristic for you or something really weird?

Be careful at work anyways.

But, Acronym Guy is fairly well hilarious.

--ncc--

Archived