CrazyBoards.org

anxiety is becoming an issue.....again

this combo pretty well for the anxiety and MDD but lately my anxiety is going up what seems to be an everyday occurence. Anyway here is my combo let me know what you think

Effexor - 150

Remeron- 60

Wellbutrin - 300

Lithium- 1050

Zyprexa- 20

trazadone - 200

Thats it, more than enough, thanks again

trg247

I'm not really sure how your meds interact as a whole, but two questions/comments spring to mind:

- have you tried a benzo, even if only for a short term period?

- Effexor was a major anxiety-boosting drug for me, but I'm BP and may react differently to you. Even so, it might just be worth exploring that a bit further. (Of course, YMMV and I'm definitely not a doctor!)

Good luck,

Skittle

I use to take klonipin for awhile but my doc quit prescribing it he said my current combo should take care of the anxiety. I have a sleeping problem but we are having difficulties finding a med that will fit. I think my doc does not know what he is doing

take care

trg247

This may not be your situation at all but - I took Effexor for two to three years and it pooped out on me, then Remeron did too. With both of them they not only pooped out but I became extremely oversensitive to them and they became overstimulating. Again that may not be the same for you, but just a thought.

I take 3.75mg (quarter of a pill) Remeron sometimes for sleep. Any more than that and my skin is crawling which is the opposite effect of sedation.

thanks for the reply. I have been noticing a steady decline in the cocktails for the last month or so, I was hoping this cocktail would at least get me somewhat stable and last longer than six months.

My doctor said that if I am not better or more stable then he is going to change his approach to one of long term approach what ever that means

take care

trg247

I dont understand why the doc has you on 4 antidepressants:

effexor - serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor(SNRI)

remeron-tetracyclic adjusts norepinephrine and serotonin

Wellbutrin altering levels of norepinephrine and dopamine.

Trazodone is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and is also a 5-HT2 receptor antagonist-

Wellbutrin can cause anxiety in some people. The only meds that have helped my anxiety have been

klonopin and risperdal, though everyone will respond differently. Be your own advocate and be persistant

that your meds ARE NOT controlling the anxiety, even if HE thinks they are.

thanks for all of the advice and suggestions. I see my pdoc next week sometime so I will brimg it up again. The big thing is he wants me to be hospitalized...again so I am wary bringing up any thing negative

take care

trg247

he wants you hospitalized not because you're crazy, but because he can't figure out your cocktail without an inpatient stay where you can be monitored. it is just a stupid excuse. i'd say cut on some of the ADs, keep Z, and get some Klonopin.

Archived