CrazyBoards.org

Just want to share something good

It's been 6 months since I last cut or burned myself. Not sure how I did it - a day at a time I guess. I've gotten to the stage where I hardly think about it. (It's also nearly winter here so I get to wear longsleeves and not see all the scars). That's not to say that this is forever - anything might happen tomorrow to trigger me, but right now I'm safe.

I struggled HARD with this for a few years, so this is something of a miracle. Just wanted to let those out there who are feeling down on themselves that it IS possible. Don't lose hope.

Skittle

WELL done, skittle!

Thumbs up.

anything might happen tomorrow to trigger me, but right now I'm safe.

any chance of gently visualizing possible triggers and rehearsing how you might handle them differently? After the tentative vague images and musing, then ideally, as realistlically as possible (in imagination) when you feel ready -

Very useful for all kinds of mental ills - from EDs to phobias to GAD situations (and so much more).

I find deep breathing very helpful, maybe for you during visualization (tho learning how to do it - doen't take much - would be a good very first step).

But most of all, a BIG Congratulations to you!! Thank you for sharing good news.

(We can all use it ;)

alll the best,

rt

No offence was intended (though I'm not sure why I'm apologising, since I don't understand why you said that). I hadn't looked at this board for a while and it occurred to me that it might be worth saying something. I haven't actually discussed this with a therapist for months.

Skittle, cool! Excellent!

I think Lib was referring to visualizing maybe? I don't like that much either. I know for some kinds of trauma, it does help to desensitize oneself to it, but I dunno, sometimes I feel like I'm just trying to trip myself up.

Bottom line, tho, 6 months is impressive! Yeah!

lily

Archived