CrazyBoards.org

Just finished a course of this

OK

Cause we are all into sharing and stuff, I have just finished a course of ECT (total of 8 treatments). I have found that my base mood has now moved from the pit of dispair to semi normal. now whether that mood movement has been due soley to the ECT OR more due to that fact that I had a month off work and am at present completely med free!! Your guess is as good as mine. But yes I feel better. Now I just have the wash-out time from the meds to deal with (a bit of nausea, diorientation, memory loss) and I am on the track to recovery.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting. I've considered ECT, and sometimes think that I need it. That or MAOI's. I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope you keep posting. I'm interested.

Libby,

I am currently just completing a course of ECT coupled with a low-dose MAOI, in the form of a patch (it is called EnSAM and has a low enough dosage that I don't have to worry about the dietary restrictions one usually encounters in MAOI's).

Tommy

• 1 month later...

It now appears that I am not to be having a set number of ECT's. Since December, I have had 11 ECT's (6 in-patient, 5 out-patient) and have another out-patient on Monday, the 26th. Then maybe we'll re-evaluate the idea of maintenance ECT's, spaced a little farther apart.

Tommy

Archived