CrazyBoards.org

Cool Website that helps with losing fat, getting fit

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Home.asp

Tracks your calories, exercise, etc. w/charts,graphs, goals. I figure since I'm on this damned computer all day, I might as well find something helpful. Perhaps.

It's free.

ETA: after entering what I've eaten today, my lack of exercise, and looking at how dismal my calorie burn was, I went for a 20 minute walk with the dog! I am now sweaty and tired. That shows just what lousy shape I'm in, but I did get off my ass and walk! So, I plan to do that walk every day this week. To the mailbox, down around the culdesac and back home. Yay, me.

Hey, the more I look at it, this a really cool program. I think this is finally motivating me!

Hey Libby...thanks so much for finding and posting this site!! It's great!!!

I just started a program and this is perfect for recording everything. I got through the eating part today (wasn't hard at all - thank goodness...) and I'll start the 18 minute resistance training tomorrow. But to find something like this for free?

Thanks again...good luck eh? Things can only get better, right?

Right.

Cyd

I've been using it for years. It's fantastik and free. You can even use the ingredient labels on your food and make custom entries.

That being said, I should get back on that site. I've got alot to lose. ;)

Remember to eat well. Lots of potassium, selenium, trace minerals, dark leafy vegetables, and lots of water. You'll be right.
I saw this elsewhere on the forum (thanks Green Tara), and didn't want to forget it. This is a nice concise list. I'm quite certain I'm low on all of these, so I need to look up which foods have these things. Does anybody know offhand?

One of the cool things about this program/site (whatever you call it) is that you can set daily goals for yourself regarding how much selenium and potassium and water, etc. you want to consume on a daily basis.

I might even pay the $19.95 to see what else the deluxe version offers. It might give suggestions on how to reach those daily nutritional goals.

Today I put my foods and the fact that I took a big, ole' 20 min walk with Bear. Then they gave me this pie chart. The tiniest sliver was my exersize today....I had to laugh. Maybe that used up more energy? I'll have to go back and add that now..........

Today I put my foods and the fact that I took a big, ole' 20 min walk with Bear. Then they gave me this pie chart. The tiniest sliver was my exersize today....I had to laugh. Maybe that used up more energy? I'll have to go back and add that now..........

This just qualified as group exercise, canuck. heh.

The diet - nutrition - intake stuff looks like it would be really really helpful - like navy said, for a lot of stuff, actually.

thanks for sharing, Libby

Today I had a yucky dr. appt, so I decided to go to Central Market for supper afterward. I eyed the brisket and mashed potatoes and the seafood enchiladas with rice and beans. I thought about my little "program" and instead ordered a spinach salad. It was the best damn spinach salad EVER. I entered all the stuff it had in it, and my calories were still 1500 for the day. Anyhow, it had lots of spinach, honey roasted walnuts, boiled eggs, some real bacon bits, and blue cheese. And red onion. And orange balsamic dressing. omg, it was DELICIOUs!!! I'm so glad I ordered that instead of the other ones.

YUM - that salad sounds awesome. I'm doing the 6 week body makeover..it really keeps me from getting hungry. In fact - I didn't eat enough today. (I know...I hate when people say that too..) but my schedule (I teach preschool) got in the way too. You have to eat eat at least 5 (you can eat 6) mini meals per day. 2 0z meat with a low-glycemic carb. I only ate 3. That's not good. Today I'll make sure to eat 5. But at least it works.

Anyway...I don't think I would have skipped that salad I tell ya! Don't feel bad about eating those healthy calories...just those empty ones.

TTFN

Cyd

After yesterday, it looks like I mananged to burn more calories than I ate, but I need to change some %'s around. I ate nuts yesterday so fat% was high, and I am not getting enough protein. Plus I need more B-12 and K. Easy enough to fix. The chart gave me a great excuse to buy some seafood...hee hee hee.

Thanks, Libby! Hopefully, I'll actually use this, I need to lose quite a bit of weight, thanks to effex. 1500 calories is not a bad total! Don't beat yourself up, the heavier you are the more calories it takes just to move your body. And if you don't eat enough, your body will think that it's starving and your metabolism will slow down to conserve energy. Baby steps of change make it easier to make permanent lifestyle changes, imo.

Exactly NY....

I am a big giant amazon...I technically could eat 2900 calories per day and maintain my current weight. My current goal is 2500 or less to lose the last 40 lbs that have haunted me for years.

On 1500 caories I would be gnawing on furniture.

SIDE NOTE: If you are trying to cut down on bad carbs, I found a good pasta substitute...Cannellini beans aka White Kidney Beans. I have tried them in Tuna Salad with great results. I also used them once instead of macaroni noodles and topped it with spaghetti sauce and ground turkey. Not bad at all!

The trick is to rinse them several times in cold water to get the "canned food" flavor off of them. Other than that, they are a mild, good textured bean that is very easy to prepare.

Hey good hint wifey...I hate canny-tasting things. I've eaten 3 of my meals so far..so I'm on track. I didn't bake my chicken tenders last night - so it's 2 more 3 oz servings of canned tuna...good thing I like it eh?

hahahahahahahaha...

ahhh I need a shower before going back to school... bleh....

no ac

a stinky pacanuck

After yesterday, it looks like I mananged to burn more calories than I ate, but I need to change some %'s around. I ate nuts yesterday so fat% was high, and I am not getting enough protein. Plus I need more B-12 and K. Easy enough to fix. The chart gave me a great excuse to buy some seafood...hee hee hee.

What did you do to burn more calories, wifezilla?

So far today, I've had meds, water, coffee and one whole wheat tortilla. No exercise yet. I'm in the midst of making baked oatmeal with bits of dried figs ( I love figs), so that i'll have something ready for breakfast for the next week or so. You make a big pan of it, and then cut it into bars. You can freeze/refrigerate after that. It has egg whites in it, so it has necessary protein too. (Recipe is in the Whatever/Recipes section here.)

btw, to those who thought I was beating myself up over 1500 calories, I wasn't!! I'm proud of myself. ;) Hell, I probably eat twice that much when I'm not paying attention to what I eat!

"What did you do to burn more calories, wifezilla?"

Yesterday I walked with my girlfriend (aka "my personal trainer") and also had dance class last night. That helped a bunch. Plus I didn't do any junk food ;)

Rock on with yo' bad self, zilla! HIGH FIVE! ;)

1280 calories today.. walked 20 min AND picked up the mail, which is my nemesis. I usually let my mail sit in the box for two weeks, because it's at the entrance to my neighborhood, not at my house, and that pisses me off. Also mailed off a bill of sorts.

Calories Burned Today

cals % total

Total: 2379

Basal: 1830 77%

Lifestyle: 548 23%

Activities: 0

--------------------------------

How can this be true?? The only thing I've entered is 8 hrs in front of the computer. I haven't walked yet.

I am losing weight. Ridiculously, I have lost 10 lbs this week. It's the Seroquel and the avoiding of white stuff (unrefined carbs) and meat. I've been eating vegetarian all week.

I'm eating meat today, however, so we'll see how that goes.

Archived