CrazyBoards.org

trazodone (desyrel)

Guest needsleep

Guest needsleep

I'm currently perscribed 400mg of Trazadone for sleep, and that doesn't seem to be working. I quickly developed a tolerance to it, starting at 50mg, after about 6 months i'm at 400mg. Does the higher dosage work paradoxically than the lower dosage, or is my body just rejecting the trazadone for sleep? I noticed that most people who take this drug in this forum do not take nearly as much as I do for sleep. Nevertheless, the 400mg only gives me about 3 hours of sleep. My pdoc doesn't want to perscribe me ambien or the like. Any suggestions? Does this dosage seem a bit high?

It was prescribed to me at 50mg for sleep. It didn't work. Just made me hypomanic. Penny had it right though, Higher doses are used as an AD. I'd ask for something else.

Croix

Guest needsleep

Thanks guys. I'll see about maybe seroquel. The lower dosages of trazadone only helped me sleep briefly, then again I was up all night. Perhaps seroquel will do the trick, I will ask my pdoc.

Thanks,

needsleep

i LOVE my 50mg of traz/night. works like a charm for me. nothing else ever did. seroquel knocked me out but goos, but 10 pounds in one week gained was too much for my vanity.

good luck.

Traz was the first one I tried I got up to 150mg then it just made me sick no sleep can't imagine 400mg. I take seroquel now but it seems to be losing effectiveness I hate having to have them constantly up doses or change meds.

Archived