CrazyBoards.org

I have been taking my meds for at least a year. I take 8mg risperdal, 5mg klonopin, 300mg effexor and buspirone.

I think we are all part of some big social experiment. The government employs doctors to keep us loaded up on meds and out of our minds. Why you may ask? Because if the government did not keep us overmedicated we would be the ones to change the world. We would get rid of the greedy execs that make hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

We would be the ones with the sensitivity to bring about social justice.

But no!!!!! It's take your meds boy or off to the funny farm.

I feel for you, KEISER. I don't really like the meds either. Losing your freedom and having to go to the "funny farm" is a drag too. Going psycho is not a lot of fun either. I don't know what the answer is for you. You've made it for a year.

I hope you can hang in there and work with your doctor to get this stuff so it doesn't feel like it's from the devil.

meds aren't fun. esp. APs. i used to say it felt like there were fingers in my brain.

but they do help a lot of people. and i feel like susan may be on track that maybe you aren't on the right meds if you feel this way.

and yes, i agree that the structure of society is such that those without empathy are often in charge, and those with sensitive hearts are not.

so, feel free to rant.

but also recognize that most of us here, though we struggle to find the right meds and hate the side effects, recognize that medications have saved our lives. and we do it for ourselves, because we want to stop feeling out of control and like crap.

corporations are easy scapegoats. big pharma esp. but i think they dynamic is a lot more complicated than that of one group trying to opress another.

meds aren't fun. esp. APs. i used to say it felt like there were fingers in my brain.

but they do help a lot of people. and i feel like susan may be on track that maybe you aren't on the right meds if you feel this way.

and yes, i agree that the structure of society is such that those without empathy are often in charge, and those with sensitive hearts are not.

so, feel free to rant.

but also recognize that most of us here, though we struggle to find the right meds and hate the side effects, recognize that medications have saved our lives. and we do it for ourselves, because we want to stop feeling out of control and like crap.

corporations are easy scapegoats. big pharma esp. but i think they dynamic is a lot more complicated than that of one group trying to opress another.

You guys all seem very nice and supportive,

The thingh that sucks for me are when these thoughts come up that I know do not make sense, but it seems like my mind get fixated on them.

My mind gets to racing and I have a hell of a time slowin it down. I have not slept in days. God I need to sleep.

Hi,

Oh keiser, I think you are gonna be my new best friend.

I have thought a lot about meds and brains. Lithium has been around since the 1800's. and it makes me less angry and less rageful.

as for everything else I take - i think "THEY" got me addicted to it. I'll never be off paxil. seroquel is an interesting one - its like i can feel it changing my brain. and then xanax which does help me be less anxious....but the anxiety is still really strong.

i dont want to change my meds right now because im going through divorce and that is hell enough. and thats what my pdoc says.

BTW - is your last name Soze?

december

I have been taking my meds for at least a year. I take 8mg risperdal, 5mg klonopin, 300mg effexor and buspirone.

I think we are all part of some big social experiment. The government employs doctors to keep us loaded up on meds and out of our minds. Why you may ask? Because if the government did not keep us overmedicated we would be the ones to change the world. We would get rid of the greedy execs that make hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

We would be the ones with the sensitivity to bring about social justice.

But no!!!!! It's take your meds boy or off to the funny farm.

I agree the meds are evil. i take mine because they will put me in captivity if I don't.

I guess they really have us by the short and curlies. ;)

The meds ARE evil but so are the diseases that cause us to take meds. I think the cure is only marginally more bearable than the illness itself. Drug companies make a fortune out of suffering but then chemotherapy, which saves lives from cancer, aint exactly a stroll in the ball park. A lot of meds for different non-psych conditions are unpleasant to take as well. Heck, even antibiotics can make you feel very ill.

As for social contol, I know a lot of people on depot meds which if they don't take them they will be incarcerated/sectioned. One guy in particular is an ex-alcoholic and I think it is a blatant form of social control keeping him on an obscene amount of meds when he isn't psychotic. It just sedates him so he will go along with their plans for him. And now he is hooked on Haldol and Clopixol.

So yeah, I can appreciate your rant about social control but also the meds do save lives, I know that Prozac is as essential for my well-being as insulin for a diabetic.

Six of one,half a dozen of the other... :)

From my experience, on the right med combination (which varies for each person) meds make you feel fairly normal ie as you should feel rather than being sick.

A good dr should guide you through some options until you find the right mix for you.

Well, sometimes one can find the "right" combination, sometimes not, sometimes "not yet" ("proper" meds are still in testing phase). I still haven't found anything that could help me with apathy and anxiety.

As for involuntary treatment - well, I've seen people psychotic enough to be totally disruptive to their surroundings (and to themselves too - suicide attempts, alcoholism, starvation). Sometimes it's necessary, sometimes it's abused (like in Soviet Russia and current Belarus, where the opponents of the one and only legal political party are put into psychiatric clinics).

Archived