CrazyBoards.org

The Weirdest Mood Chart!

Usually we have a basic pattern. Baseline, up for a few weeks, down for a few weeks, whatever. Recently, mine started spiking on daily intervals. Up in the AM, WAY DOWN in the PM. That's why I'm on Zyprexa now.

Anyone else ever have such weird and sudden changes?

Loon,

DD's were way down and then up (more like hypo) continuously throughout the day. That's the way it always was, though. I dont' know if the Z is doing this but I'd be keeping the chart and talk to your doctor if it is.

my chart tells me to indicate best and worst for each day. so i often have days that zigzag, but i then simply go in both directions. i use this technique for recording mixed states as well. i don't bother to record more situational emotions that last a few moments. overall, the system yields some surprising patterns, as opposed to random bars all over the place. closer up and in actual day-to-day how-it-feels, it all seems more or less random, but the bigger picture takes on a pattern. i use the harvard mass hospital mood chart. ...i've been very negligent of late, but you've reminded i've got to get back in it.

my pdoc once told me i get stuck in details. at first, i used to dissect hour by hour my shifting moods and argue with her how this disqualified me from mania criteria of so many solid non-stop days at an unflickering, unwavering mood.

hey 7-

don't pick on yourself over stupid stuff! just know you have a mood pattern, a chart, and get yourself to chart it at least every other day or something.

The harvard mood chart, huh? I've been using moodtracker.com. I should look at the harvard one...

thanks 7

loon

I am always up in the AM and go down hill as the day progresses.

I quit tracking--using moodtracker.com--when my pdoc laughed at me and told me it was the most typical ADHD over-compensation he had ever seen. He was right, of course.

But I miss doing it twice a day, and writng all those volumunious notes I always printed out and took to him.

But nobody really cared but me--so it seemed a waste of time.

china

Yeah, I tend to have cycles on top of cycles with rapid cycling. It sucks. Just had a stay at a crisis center

because of all this shit. Sometimes it gets to be too much.

Heya China,

Who cares if the psych isn't into mood charting?

Do the dots if it helps you.

I just do the dots and sometimes write one-liners if something happened.

And, Loon:

That can be rapid-cycling which is legit and you likely should chat with psych about it.

Be okay.

--ncc--

I am always up in the AM and go down hill as the day progresses.

I quit tracking--using moodtracker.com--when my pdoc laughed at me and told me it was the most typical ADHD over-compensation he had ever seen. He was right, of course.

But I miss doing it twice a day, and writng all those volumunious notes I always printed out and took to him.

But nobody really cared but me--so it seemed a waste of time.

china

Archived