CrazyBoards.org

Lots of stress

I am in a majorly bad place. Two of my daughters have decided to go live with their father, which has necessitated the sale of this house and the acquisition of another place to live with my husband and three youngest children. I am still so in love with my older girls and this house that I am completely heartbroken. We found a new place and I think I can be happy there, but in the meantime....

when I can't sleep at night due to crying

when my head is spinning while my heart is breaking

and when the stress hormones are flying around making my brain a sponge waiting to be filled with insanity....

how do I stay sane???

Eating right, trying to sleep, is there anything else that works for you guys when under alot of stress?

I'm so sorry to read this - what a lousy situation. The red flag that your post raised for me was sleep -- lack of sleep is probably one of the worst triggers for us BP types. Your sig doesn't say what meds you're on - are you taking any that can help you get some rest at night? I know so well what it's like to be stuck awake, not because of a manic episode, but because so many horrible things are going on that no matter how physically exhausted I am, I just can't get my head to shut up. If what you're taking isn't helping, then I strongly suggest speaking to your pdoc, even if it's only for something short term to get you through this period.

And I agree with the therapy suggestion too. Talk this out as much as you need to - here, with a tdoc, etc.

Skittle

I agree with Skittle- make sure you're sleep is regular and htat you wake up and go to bed at the same time every day.

If you have to, double your tdoc sessions. If you have to, know who your close friends/family members/circle of trust people are and don't be afraid to lean on them.

We're all with you hon. Take care of yourself.

Eat healthy meals. Rest. Journaling. Excercise. Reading (to get your mind off your shit), become obsessed with a hobby or subject. Be good to yourself. Focus on your husband and the children who are still living with you.

I just started journaling in my recent stay in the bin. I think writing letters I never intend to send was very theraputic. Try to keep regular sleep/wake cycles. That's really helped me a lot too. Sorry about all

the stress you're going through.

I take Lunesta and Klonpin for sleep, it does help alot. My two girls want to live with their father becsuse they don't like their stepfather. He has been a jerk to them at times, but nothing horrendous. Now I found out the my husband's driver's license is going to be suspended for SIX months due to having three speeding tickets in an 18 month period. He can pay $75 to get a restriced licence. We don't have that money to spare, but he is going to have to do it. My license is expired and I don't have the money to renew it. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. I am so afraid I will end up having an episode from all this stress. I do journal every day and it helps. Hopefully money will fall out of the sky and save us.

Thanks for listening. Wish me luck at not having an episode.

Financial problems suck. Is there anyone at all who could lend you some cash? I hope you can get

through this without totally losing it. Remember that we're always here to listen.

Heya Waterfall,

Well, besides bipolar, you also have (not in the DSM) crappy life syndrome (CLS).

As one who's currently set off big-time, I'm not one to give advice today, but talk therapy (if you like that sort of thing) and sleep, sleep, sleep is good.

You *can* hold it together, even if it means outside support. That's okay.

--ncc--

Archived