CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone else have this problem? My head is like a radio. When I try to fall asleep, music plays in my head and then when I wake up, it's there again! only a different song. This also happens throughout the day.

Even songs that I haven't heard in a while or ones I hear a snippet of on tv. Like 10 seconds of N'Sync ;) was on a dance skit on the Today show and the song kept playing in my head all that night.

I've been listening to my ipod less in an attempt to cut out the noise but it doesn't really help.

:)

I also play out conversations in my head that will never happen, play out what would happen in certain situatons. Always thinking, thinking, thinking! argh

I wish my brain could just be still.

Um, yes.

At the moment, it's the high-pitched asparagus chorus from the Bunny Song. Children's videos. Arrgh. "I don't want no tissue if my nose is runny I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny I don't want to tell you a joke that is funny I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny...." Please make it stop.

Um, yes.

At the moment, it's the high-pitched asparagus chorus from the Bunny Song. Children's videos. Arrgh. "I don't want no tissue if my nose is runny I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny I don't want to tell you a joke that is funny I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny...." Please make it stop.

Wow, thanks, Ella. I haven't had that song stuck in my head for quite some time. Now I have replaced it with Oh Where is My Hairbrush.

I actually created a poll about this for non-MIs (not here...) and they do, too. I can go to sleep with one song in my head, and wake up with the same song in my head. Now that is going a little too far.

I just sort of use it background music. Or I let myself go and sing it. Why not.

As far as the conversations go, I do that, too. At one point I used to play out the scene of Elton John and David Furnish asking me to be their surrogate. I usually only do stuff like that to get to sleep at night. Gives my mind one thing to think about.

And the moral of the story? You might be crazy, but there is always someone crazier than you!

Sam

I do everything you've described and was dxed with OCD, and told that these little quirks were a part of that.

I'm sure everyone gets songs stuck in their head from time to time. (Speaking of, I've had Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me in there for a few days now. I've had worse, so no complaints here.) I'm constantly doing the conversations and scenarios thing, though. Elton John's surrogate??? That's, uh, interesting! ;)

I actually created a poll about this for non-MIs (not here...) and they do, too. I can go to sleep with one song in my head, and wake up with the same song in my head. Now that is going a little too far.

Sheesh! One song still there when you wake up is going too far? Try the same song every waking moment (even when you half wake to turn over in bed in your sleep), that picks up where it left off, to the bar. For days at a stretch. What really really pisses me is when I get more than one going at the same time.

Conversations? All the time. Often with myself, where there's a bad me telling me to do really bad stuff, and I have to fight him off to stay in control.

Olanzipine (Zyprexa) helps, but not completely.

I do get the song "stuck in your head" thingie. But there is usually a song running around my brain whether I want it to or not at most times.

The other day it was Neil Sadaka's "Laughter in the Rain".

And I hate that song! LOLOL

I had to put on some Korn to blast it out.

(and I'm supposedly normal)

• 3 weeks later...

I usually don't get a specific song in my head, but rather, music. Usually music I've never heard before. Like last night it sounded like faint orchestral music-- like underwater violins and strained guitars if that makes any sense whatsoever. Although it's not quite in my head, it seems to be around me instead.

mnah, mnah, do dooo do dodo- mnah, mnah do dodo do--mnah, mnah do dodo do dodo do do do dooo----and then into the vocal jam (jazz guy on the muppet show anybody?) it's even worse when it's just one bar of a song and not the whole song playing in your head. loop, after loop, after loop. like a scratched record the same section keeps coming up. sucks pretty bad too when you can't remember the words so you make up your own, and then those are the ones you sing next time you hear the song because you can't remember the real lyrics anymore. this happens to me all the time. it's kinda like that commercial where mr. t busts into that guys shower and says "quit bein' a cultural fool, those aint the words!" the whole time he's singing to born to be wild- looking for a monkey, gonna wear a sweater, born to be wiiiide......and yes it'll keep me up for hours when i'm trying to sleep, and then the same song will wake my sorry ass up again the next day. probably exacerbates my condition, but i wouldn't trade it. shit i've done it again. thanks a lot guys.

haha

reid

The music in my head isn't quite so constant and I don't mind it - I adore music..well I don't mind it as long as it isn't some *forbidden* song. You KNOW the ones. I will be kind and not mention the songs that shall remain nameless.

My song to clear those out of my head.. Depeche Mode "New Dress" - specifically starting with 'Princess Di is wearing a new dress..'. Works every time.

I went to a Social Distortion concert on Saturday so I've got a jukebox of their songs in my head (and my car and my ipod and my computer at work <g>) at the moment.

Yes, I'm obsessive.

Ruins

ps The concert was amazing.

I get the same thing, it just keeps playing and playing, and sometimes I can't sleep. But I just do the same thing Sam does - use it as background music. It's like that episode of Family Guy, except other people can't hear it ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i get songs/sounds/noises looping in my head. drives me crazy, especially when awoken in the middle of the night and it sounds like someone is in my shower and i check - the bathroom is empty. it's been better since i have been taking seroquel to help me sleep.

There are some songs/jingles/commercials I can't listen to or watch because they will never leave me.

Those godawful manwich commercials. I don't know why, because they're atrocious. But I hear it and I sing it for the rest of the day in my head.

I play out conversations, too, but I think it's more like Sam (?) said, giving my brain something to think about while I lie in bed. That's normal.

For awhile I had this issue where my brain just unloaded words at the end of the day- think of the kind of stuff crazy people on the street spout- completely nonsensical phrases, etc. It was clearly in my head, though not in my "voice", if that makes any sense, and not under any real visible conscious control of mine. If I could otherwise occupy my brain, it didn't usually happen. Just when I "turned off" to go to sleep or wait in line or something. That was annoying.

I play out conversations in my mind all the time. In fact, most of my life is inside my head it seems, I can spend hours having conversations in my mind and not talk to a single person in the real world in a day.

Don't know if it has to do with being an introvert (who focus inwards).

Come to think of it I also live more of a life in my dreams (asleep) than I do in the real world. I will sometimes wake up and for a moment remember a lot of things going on in my dream life, and then I realise that in my awake life I don't do anything and nothing ever happens, it's such a contrast. That was especially the case when I was on Wellbutrin.

As for music in my head, that's not so much happening. I have noticed in the past (also when on Wellbutrin) that if I wake up singing in my mind, that means I'm in a good state of mind. Pity that hardly ever happens nowadays.

I take it were talking about having a song 'on the brain' and not literally hearing stuff that isn't there?

Yes I get that a lot. Recently it's been 'Stealing Society' by System of A Down, which is good as I like it. There's nothing worse that having something crap constantly playing in your head.

Often there are songs etc. playing in the background when I dream and I can still hear them just as I'm waking up.

And the conversation thing too. Sometimes to the point where I start muttering to myself.

i think its part of anxiety... i get the same crap a lot... and heaven forbid i think of numbers. i cant stop counting in my head... but the music is very annoying too because sometimes u just want quiet or atleast another song thats less irritating...

Archived