CrazyBoards.org

hello,

This is my first post on the board, been lurking for some time now... :)

Short introduction:

17 year old male, been kicked off 4 different schools ;) after that i've given up on school... an unemployed welder, currently trying to get into art-school *Hoge School voor de Kunsten Utrecht to be precise*.

I'm being treated for currently unnamed problems for about 2 years now by my team of psychiatrists and Psychologists... currently i have 1 of both

Well that was my introduction.

But i'm going of track...

The point of this post a simple question:

What do you think this is;

Yesterday while sitting behind the computer, i started hearing voices. Inside my head to be precise, like my thoughts. Only this weren't my thoughts, it was the voice of a friend, talking. I first thought it were just my own thoughts, but when i tried to make it stop i couldn't. I had no controle over them.

Slowly more voices started to add, untill there were 4 of my friends. Arguing, Laughing, Talking about someone... i couldn't really understand any of it, most of the things made no sence. But i had the distinct feeling they were talking about me, to me, laughing at me, infront of me.

I really don't know what happend, it wasn't sleep related because it happend about 2,5 hours before i went to sleep, and i wasn't tired at all.

:cussing:

I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance, Timmet :embarassed:

ps. please excuse any spelling mistakes, english is my second language

Edited by Timmet

Hello Timmet and welcome to the schizophrenia board! It's always good to have new faces round here..

Are you on any medication and have you had an experience like this before?

Blackbird x

hey Blackbird :)

Yes, i'm currently taking 100mg Zoloft although i missed my dose that day because i had none left. ;)

And no, never had anything like this happen. Guess that is why it kinda scared me.

Timmet

Hi Timmet

How long have you been taking Zoloft for?

I am loathe to diagnose or advise you over the internet as I obviously am not a psychiatrist. I hope you never have to go through an experience like that again. It sounds seriously freaky. You might want to contact your psychiatrist and tell him/her what happened as I'm sure they would like to know and they would be better able to help you than me

Sorry I couldn't be of better help! But I am hear to listen and to rant to!

Blackbird x

These do sound like psychotic symptoms.

My advice is to get an appointment with your dr and explain what happened/is happening.

This way he/she might be able to diagnose and treat it early on, as delusional and hallucinatory thought tends to grow over time, feeding on itself.

The fact that you missed your zoloft is almost certainly important here.

Depression can have some psychotic symptoms at times; you dont necessarily have schizophrenia or anything.

Hi

Been on zoloft for about 2 months now (i think :cussing: ), just switched to 100mg from 50mg a week ago.

And i'm not searching for a diagnose, i've sorta given up... My psychiatrists have tried for 2 years to figure me out. Still no diagnose, only could be's for the past year. Aparently i show signs of everything from Autism to Bipolar :)

And you have been really helpfull, just knowing someone is listening feels great. Something the people in my live really should try sometimes. ;)

Yeah, i'll certainly tell my therapist tomorrow, see what he thinks.

Timmet, feeling a little beter allready :wtf:

Good stuff Timmet!

Glad you are feeling better

Keep us updated!

Blackbird x

Hello Timmet en onthaal aan Crazyboards! My best attempt at Dutch, I do not know if Dutch is your first language but I saw you mentioned Utrecht and I have visited there so I tried Dutch.

I have experienced voices in my head talking with each other and laughing at and criticizing what I was doing. I was frightening because it had never happened before. As Chimpmaster has said this can be a psychotic symptom, delusional guilt perhaps, but it a symptom does not always equal psychosis.

There could be several explanations. Be sure to tell your doctors, your psychiatrist and your psychologist, and remember to include you forgot to take your Zoloft that day.

Many times having a definite diagnosis is not as important as getting the proper psychological and medical treatment, if the treatment is working and is the best for you.

Erika

HI Timmet, welcome to crazyboards.

My name's Jessie, i'm 19 year old female. I seem to have lots in common with you. I've been to about 5 different high schools, eventually dropped out. And up until just a couple days ago, i've been unemployed and out of school for over a year and a half. (i just started college on monday)

Was this your first experience with hearing voices? I also hear lots of internal voices inside my head like the one's you described.. They are different from my own thoughts because I can't control/predict what they will say and they are voices of many different people. These started about a year and 1/2 ago but when i take medication, they are almost completly eliminated.

Have you told your pdocs about the voices you heard yet? IT's deffinatly something you should do.

well anyways, im glad to see a new member here. Good luck.

don't worry, 2 years must seem like hell, but it's been 5, 10, 20 years for a proper diagnosis for some of these good people here...

i don't believe i have the most accurate dx yet either. it's more about the treatment and meds as anyone here i'm sure could tell you, but DAMN would it feel nice to know exactly what was wrong.....

Welcome ;)

In the past (before I got more in touch with and safe with my unconscious through therapy) I have heard voices, although I wouldn't have called it that at the time...it was more a part of my selfcritical and self hatred mindset. Also for me it was my depression and borderline-borderline-ness that caused them.

(sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense...its hard to explain..)

Hello, thanks for all the kind words

Well, not suprisingly my therapist took it all really lightly, although i guess that's just him.

And yes i know 2 years isn't very long compared to many other people on here, but it took me that long to figure out it really isn't about the label, but about the treatment. Although it would feel nice to be labeled. :)

My moods are screwed since my original post, and i haven't really heard any more voices although i do have my headphones on 24/7. REALLY loud, so i can't even hear myself think.

In more positive news; I passed my second evaluation on the HKU :wtf: , Just 1 more and i'll be accepted.

So the good news is, i have atleast one talent. :cussing:

Well, i'm off to write a mail to my girlfriend. Yay for drama ;)

Timmet, currently all over the place; :cussing:

Guest minny

Timmet,

In ordinary life, do other kids regularly talk behind your back ? I could be totally off base here...

You're so personally affected by other kids talking about you and talking behind your back...and you hate it...you can't take it any more...since it sucks...and being highly creative your mind can play out these thoughts that normally would be in the background to the foreground of your mind.

Sorry if I'm totally off base.

any new news?? haven't heard from you in a while....all of us other crazies are wondering. let us know if you got any help yet. ;)

Guest espressogrrl

Hey!

thanks for your courage in coming to the boards!! I just thought I would tell you, my sis was misdiagnosed as BP right after being investigated for mild autism. She was hearing voices too.

turns out it was OCD - it was just severe enough to manifest. obsessive thoughts can do that.

Timmet,

In ordinary life, do other kids regularly talk behind your back ? I could be totally off base here...

You're so personally affected by other kids talking about you and talking behind your back...and you hate it...you can't take it any more...since it sucks...and being highly creative your mind can play out these thoughts that normally would be in the background to the foreground of your mind.

Minny - this was exactly my sisters problem. she was so worried about it, she ended up hearing it.

i recommend looking around the boards, and reading what people say about their own diagnoses. not to diagnose yourself, but to help yourself find the words for things that are hard to communicate in that measly 40 minute meeting with the psychiatrist. my problem has been explaining it to my pdoc. I am prepared next time because I have been able to see how others put into words what has been hard for me to verbalize.

GOOD LUCK!!! people will be waiting to see how you are doing!!

xoxox

Edited by espressogrrl

Timmet,

Well, they don't talk about me as far as i know. (although they would have lots to talk about :) )

But i understand your point and i think your right, i'm afraid that they might be talking about me. So maybe my mind translated that into "real" voices.

My Social Anxiety "diagnose" seems not to far off base now, although i'm getting much beter!

i recommend looking around the boards, and reading what people say about their own diagnoses. not to diagnose yourself, but to help yourself find the words for things that are hard to communicate in that measly 40 minute meeting with the psychiatrist. my problem has been explaining it to my pdoc. I am prepared next time because I have been able to see how others put into words what has been hard for me to verbalize.

Yeah, i really dont think my therapist understands me, because i can't verbalize my feelings. Especialy in a 30 minute meeting. *It's supposed to be 50 minutes, but they're always late. Oh the joy of psychiatric hospitals*

I used to print out posts and highlight parts that felt familiar. That helped, but not enough.

So the update; Last week i been REALLY busy, build decor for a festival. Volenteerwork, just to keep me busy. So i haven't really heard any voices lately, too busy being zoned out while painting.

Working does appear to be good for me. Less depressed thoughts, No time to think. It does have a huge effect on my moods, i'm so much more moody. Just what i needed, more moodiness less depressive thoughts, Pick the less of 2 evils right?

I did tell my therapist about the voices, he wasn't too worried. And now i'm seeing him once in 2 weeks. ;)

I'm dealing with life... feels like a soap-opera No new scars, that's good. :embarassed:

Probably be single again soon, can't deal with my own jealousy and co-dependency issues. Great. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks everyone! :wtf:

wouldn't know what to doo without CrazyBoards and the everyone on here.

Timmet, Dealing with life, badly

ps. Wish me luck! The festival is this afternoon... Children everywhere! :cussing: