CrazyBoards.org

Anyone ever think-why bother? (Depakote weight gain mentioned)

Man, the depakote weight gain has already started. And the ungodly bloating. I look more pregnant now than I did when I was pregnant, and that isn't much of a stretch in imagination.

Anyone ever think...gee, what the heck, I'm going to gain weight no matter what I do, so I might as well enjoy it? Why bother watching every calorie when I'm going to pack it on no matter what I do? If I'm going to get fat(ter) I at least want to go down swinging with a gravy ladle in one hand and a gigantic bar of dark chocolate in the other.

Is it really possible to fight the inevitable, to wage war against my screwed up metabolism? Please somebody tell me it's possible and WORTH IT. Just as soon as the stomach pains subside long enough for me to find something to eat. ;)

• 2 months later...

Man, the depakote weight gain has already started. And the ungodly bloating. I look more pregnant now than I did when I was pregnant, and that isn't much of a stretch in imagination.

Anyone ever think...gee, what the heck, I'm going to gain weight no matter what I do, so I might as well enjoy it? Why bother watching every calorie when I'm going to pack it on no matter what I do? If I'm going to get fat(ter) I at least want to go down swinging with a gravy ladle in one hand and a gigantic bar of dark chocolate in the other.

Is it really possible to fight the inevitable, to wage war against my screwed up metabolism? Please somebody tell me it's possible and WORTH IT. Just as soon as the stomach pains subside long enough for me to find something to eat. ;)

I'm feeling a little better with Dep in some ways and worse in others. I'm startin to hit the bag and do calisthenics etc. again as my weight has gone up sharply. I've also cut the food back to sensible portions of GOOD foods. Fill up on all the fruits you want quickly as they are sugary too. My blood pressure is high too and I'm hoping this'll help get me back where I outta be. I'd like to know the mechanism of the weight gain but nobody can tell me. Maybe try the same thing I know exercise is shown in some studies to be an excellent mood stabilizer. Hope you feel better. Start out small. Good luck. MMMM. Gravy.

Archived