CrazyBoards.org

had a little freak out today

ive still been feeling depressed and still waiting on getting my wellbutrin rx filled. well, i called the pharmacy to check on the progress since i dropped it off 2 days ago and i took my last pill today. they said they finally got a hold of the nurse at the pdoc office and told her they needed to call my insurance company for prior authorization. the pharmacy said they were just waiting to hear back from them one way or the other.

so silly me, i decided to check on things at the pdoc office myself in hopes of maybe expediting thigs a bit. i have to take my son to his senior pics this afternoon and will be gone from 3:00pm till well after 6:00pm and my pharmacy closes at 5:00pm. so i called the pdoc and told the nurse who i was and what i needed and she told me they got the message and that they would take care of it later today after the office closed. i explained that i was going to be gone and needed to pick it up by 3:00pm so i could have my medicine for in the morning.

the nurse then proceeded to tell me (kind of snotty at that!) that i should have planned better. if i was gonna not be available to wait till later this evening (doesnt matter if i were available, my pharmacy will be closed!) that i shouldnt have waited till today to try to get it filled.

this is when i started freaking out. i was screaming and cussing and telling her that i tried to fill it on monday in anticipation of me not being available today. and besides, how the fuck was i to know that the stupid medicine would require prior authorization. and how the fuck was i to know the pdoc office wasnt open on mondays or tuesdays??? and when i say i started freaking out, i dont mean that lightly. i was screaming, cussing, and by now shaking violently and in the midst of this i finally just hung up.

they tried to call me back about 5 minutes later but i was not calmed down enough to talk to them so i just let the answering machine take the message but i turned the volume down so i wouldnt have to hear it. im afraid theyre gonna reprimand me.

anyway, im still shaking and i was *this* close to dumping all my lithium down the toilet and just throwing in the towel. ITS NOT FUCKING WORKING!!!! and apparently my much waiting on wellbutrin aint doing anything for me either.

i want to not feel so depressed and tired. and i want to not get so agitated & not fly off the handle. i want to be in control and feel like things arent controlling me. just after i hung up on the pnurse, i was so pissed i found my sons bottle of concerta for his add. i split one in half and took it. maybe thatll perk my ass up. ive been taking klonopin for the last 3 days and today i wanna get my ass up and fly a little.

anyway, i just wanted to vent. i know after my post yesterday, its my turn to be the whiny baby. im sorry if im bugging yall. please dont think im a pest or get sick of me. please. and if you do, im sorry.

ok, i finally listened to the phone message from the pdoc. the nurse said, in a very sweet voice, "hi mrs xxx. i just wanted to let you know that we're going to try to take care of the authorization for you at the end of the business day. thanks so much for calling and have a great day."

basically, F YOU with a smile. whatever.....

i've had my share of melt-downs at the pharmacy (stupid pharmacy assistants who basically treat me like a lower life form), pdocs/tdocs, and at my health clinic. I've had to be taken to the hospital during spazzez before!

don't worry. we're bp around here and our moods are to be expected. if you're on a mood drug, they should know to be more careful with you. it is their fault!

While I didn't hear the message myself, I would strongly disagree with you. The nurse went out of her way to take care of your prescription approval and called you back to let you know that it would be ready. She called despite the previous difficulties.

That actually shows a lot of consideration and self control. If they didn't care about you, it could have taken "a couple days" to get the authorization. "We're still waiting on the insurance company".

Anyhoo, I know how frustrating and awful it is when the meds aren't working and stuff just blows up.

If you do only one thing today, call the office back and apologize and thank them for helping you. It will make you feel better, and even if they are still a little ruffled, your thanks will smooth the waters and let them know that their work is appreciated and prevent this from becoming a matter of hostility.

Now, at least you have one more worry off you mind, you'll have your new rx.

a.m.

While I didn't hear the message myself, I would strongly disagree with you. The nurse went out of her way to take care of your prescription approval and called you back to let you know that it would be ready. She called despite the previous difficulties.

That actually shows a lot of consideration and self control. If they didn't care about you, it could have taken "a couple days" to get the authorization. "We're still waiting on the insurance company".

Anyhoo, I know how frustrating and awful it is when the meds aren't working and stuff just blows up.

If you do only one thing today, call the office back and apologize and thank them for helping you. It will make you feel better, and even if they are still a little ruffled, your thanks will smooth the waters and let them know that their work is appreciated and prevent this from becoming a matter of hostility.

a.m.

you misunderstood AM. they told me originally they would take care of it at the end of the day. i explained i would be gone by three PM and would be gone all day tomorrow. at this point she berated me for not taking care of it sooner, as if i had a clue they were closed on mondays or tuesday or that i had a clue the RX required authorization. i knew neither of these things when i went in innocently to fill it on monday, two days before i knew i wouldnt be able to take care of it.

her phone call back wasnt to say it was now indeed taken care of. her message only re-itterated that they are waiting till the end of the day as originally planned whether i would be gone till friday or not. not their problem and have a good day.

i will not apologize for freaking out cuz i would have been more able to handle the wait if she hadnt started in on how badly my planning was. she literally scolded me for not having better hindsight.

and again i say, how the fuck was i suppose to know i would need authorization or that theyd be closed until today. had i known all that, i wouldve filled the stupid thing last week. i filled my sons rx on friday so i couldve dropped mine off then, too. but i didnt know and i was trying to spread the co-pays apart till after hubby brought home his paycheck.

anyway, she was wrong for how she talked to me. she really did talk mean to me. and she isnt going out of her way to take care of it any sooner.

and now im babbling... and crying...

a.m.

you misunderstood AM. they told me originally they would take care of it at the end of the day. i explained i would be gone by three PM and would be gone all day tomorrow. at this point she berated me for not taking care of it sooner, as if i had a clue they were closed on mondays or tuesday or that i had a clue the RX required authorization. i knew neither of these things when i went in innocently to fill it on monday, two days before i knew i wouldnt be able to take care of it.

her phone call back wasnt to say it was now indeed taken care of. her message only re-itterated that they are waiting till the end of the day as originally planned whether i would be gone till friday or not. not their problem and have a good day.

i will not apologize for freaking out cuz i would have been more able to handle the wait if she hadnt started in on how badly my planning was. she literally scolded me for not having better hindsight.

and again i say, how the fuck was i suppose to know i would need authorization or that theyd be closed until today. had i known all that, i wouldve filled the stupid thing last week. i filled my sons rx on friday so i couldve dropped mine off then, too. but i didnt know and i was trying to spread the co-pays apart till after hubby brought home his paycheck.

anyway, she was wrong for how she talked to me. she really did talk mean to me. and she isnt going out of her way to take care of it any sooner.

and now im babbling... and crying...

For what it's worth, Betcsu, I totally disagree with AM and PM'ed him and told him I thought it was inappropriate for him to make such a judgment.

I've been following your story, and you don't owe them dick (the pdoc or the pharmacy) except "thank you and fuck you very much for a hard time I REALLY did not need.)

IMO,

S9

Gee, I'm sorry. I DID misunderstand what the nurse had done (or not done, as the case may be).

I've had the insurance company change meds and authorization requirements without notification. The best planning is useless when no one tells you the rules. I hope everything works out for you this afternoon.

a.m.

"The best laid plans of mice and men, aft gang aglay" Robert Burns, Scottish Poet

Archived