CrazyBoards.org

it is tough to pin down the weight gain. zydis makes me hungry, and i've went from 119lbs to 130lbs, but it is because i'm not being responsible and have no willpower when it comes to food. i just need to watch it. i've been unemployed too, and so the fridge is staring at me all the time.

i think that with increased willpower, weight watchers, and more exercise that i'll get rid of that weight and start losing again.

i don't know if i'm taking zydis right. i'm going to the pdoc today and i'll ask him about it. i'm not sure if i need 15 or 20 yet either. maybe we can back off to 15 and see if it works out better. 10 did nothing.

my pdoc and i decided that zydis is a piece of shit, so i'm back to normal z. and i'm taking 15 because it is the lowest effective dose. stability and no weird hallucinations (as if there are ever normal hallucinations!).

I was on 5mg, then it got up to 10mg since my anxiety was getting out of control and my pdoc at the time thought I was going to go into full-on mania.

Oops, that anxiety was akathisia, and upping it to 10mg made it even more worse. Common mistake among clinicians - misdiagnosis of akathisia. Also started getting EPS at that point.

And yes, I know that Zyprexa's often used as an alternate med (or even adjunct treatment!!) when another AAP causes akathisia or EPS. I'm just really really dopamine deficient.

will fuck for L-tyrosine,

--herrfous

i take inderal to counter the EPS. i take 15mg zyprexa and still hear weird music, but i feel the mood balanced out and am not whipping from mania to suicidality in a matter hof hours. great stuff i think!

I take the regular pill form of Zyprexa. A few months ago I was taking 30 mg, but these days I'm down to 15 mg. I really can't tell the difference between the two doses in terms of efficacy or side effects.

Fortunately, I haven't gained any weight. I'm one of the few, I guess. Actually, I've lost 27 pounds since I started this combination of meds (see signature) back in February. I was overweight to begin with so this was a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

but Bane, you've got Abilify in there too and that will knock out symptoms as well.

I'm still on 15. 20 felt too high. I guess my pdoc and I will talk about it at our next appointment. I feel like $hit right now and no end in sight...

Archived