CrazyBoards.org

Mania/Hypomania

Has anyone experienced or know of a person's pupils dilating when in a manic or hypo state? I won't say this happens every time with DD but it sure seems to be a tell-tale sign for me whe I see her starting to act a little "high". Is this fairly common? She doesn't drink or take drugs (I am pretty confident of that) and I can't find anything else that consistently happens when her eyes are dilated than this. It isn't concerning other than I've never found where this is a symptom and her problems just don't quite fit into the square peg, kwim? I'm wondering if there isn't something else going on with her physically that might offer an explanation to all of this.

Thanks!

Mine dilate all the time when I'm manic or hypomanic. who knows why but if you try to flash a light into them(mine) you get a big surprise(my eyes are black and I look like a bug) I have all sorts of unfortunate pictures of me when manic.

But everybody is different there may be something else going on. she needs to talk to a doctor to be sure.

lilie

it seems common amoung crazyboard memebers to experience some sort of physological stimulation during mania. There was a topic a while back about sweating and mania, and your post has hints of familiarity. Perhaps more than your daughter experience dilated pupils, and no one else (aside form lilie) has noticed/been told.

While a useful guide tool for you to pick up on your daughter's mood swings, make sure you/she mentions it next doctor's visit. Better safe than sorry, and all that.

Archived