CrazyBoards.org

can I hide here?

Can I hide in here?

I'm not feeling too good....paranoid and jumpy and panicky....

Scared.

On edge.

ITS HURTING ME.

I HATE IT. PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE. BAD monster.bad badbad

I nearly had a panic attack at work when some official folks were about....felt the room closing in around me...I had to leave the room for about 10 minutes. I didn't explain to anyone, before or after I escaped. I was just very subdued and quiet the rest of the day. very withdrawn into myself, terrified of anyone coming close...like I'm a spitting cat if provoked...

I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself I don't want to judge myself......

Hello!!

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, nestling. I hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow morning.

I will never judge you here and neither will anyone else. That is not abnormal to feel like that when officials are around. Don't feel bad about it.

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.....

Take care!!

----------

EDIT: typo

Please don't judge yourself. I know it's hard to refrain from heaping criticism on yourself for behavior that doesn't fit the norm and sometimes cripples your ability to interact successfully with the rest of the world. If berating ourselves for having atypical needs worked, we would all be healthy, fully functional people who would never need to pop another pill or see a therapist again. You can't help how you feel, you can't help that you have to escape now and then, and it's perfectly Ok.

You deserve a soft touch and reassurance from the person inside who understands the tenacious grip of the monster. That bogeyman is so defeated by warm, fluffy blankets, so I'm sending you a virtual one with big fluffy teeth to keep him at bay. I remember pulling the covers up over my ears at night to keep the fear away and it did work like a charm. It would be nice if we could tote around blankets everyday and cocoon in them whenever the urge strikes. Well, I suppose you could, but, you know that would defeat the purpose of hiding from the world with everyone staring at you all day long. ;)

*hides beneath my blankie with a mug of french vanilla and hazelnut hot chocolate*

Archived