CrazyBoards.org

just me

hi to all. I am from boston and was psyched that I found a forum that i might fit in with. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a non cancerous brain tumor. It mostly affects my emotions and coordination, but on a bad day, it affects everything. feel like the ocean...sometimes quiet and peaceful, and the next minute, hurracaine. also am a diabetic so what the tumor doesn't afeect is effected by the diabetes, or the meds i take to manage both. found this board by accident. have been on a new med for about 6 weeks to control my convulsions. Works great, but has side effects that I hate!!!!!I came here looking for some advice. As i read posts, i realized that this is a clump of people that don't judge, offer support and info, and have a sence of humor about their shit. like soo many others I have found that family and friends don't have time or compassion for turmoil unless it is their own. said my welcomes...have a good day and find on reason to smile.

Hi, mitten -

Welcome to the nuthouse! Glad you found your way here and sorry to hear about the trouble your brain tumor gives you. I think everyone here understands what it's like to not have anyone else understand what it's like when your brain doesn't always act in your best interests.

See you round the boards.

Catnapper

Welcome, Mitten! I'm glad you've found your way here. I speak from the bias of a longtime user, but I think this place is pretty cool. I hope you continue to find support and humor here.

As i read posts, i realized that this is a clump of people that don't judge, offer support and info, and have a sence of humor about their shit. like soo many others I have found that family and friends don't have time or compassion for turmoil unless it is their own.
Amen! That's why I'm here in this great little MI corner of the internet. Welcome, and ee you around.

~cache-monkey

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, a brain squishing tumor. You didn't happen to pray for more adventure in your life did you? Cause, you shouldn't. Wow.

but, hey, good to have you here. I'm alledgedly supposed to have diabetes in my family, but all of them that actually got it were rather obese, and I'm not, so I'm thinking it'll skip me. However, on both sides of the family, everyone actually dies of strokes (or lung cancer, but I think we all know what caused that).

Love the name.

Guest espressogrrl

Welcome Welcome!

I've been here two weeks, and I love it. I am sure you will too! We can be newbies together. *big hug*

Archived