CrazyBoards.org

Husband Charged With Promoting Suicide Attempt

There must be more information than what's in this article. From what it says, there isn't any mention of promotion of suicide. All the guy did was get out of the car. If the wife was driving and she said she was taking the car off the cliff, what else was he supposed to do? I'm not saying it was honorable to get out while the children were still in there, but getting out to avoid your own death is not illegal as far as I know.

If he was driving and he got out of the car, isn't it possible he just wanted a moment of fresh air before dealing with his wife's suicidal ideation? He may not have imagined that she would carry out her suicide with the children there.

I dunno... he must have said something to implicate himself for these charges to have been brought. His actions alone don't seem to demonstrate "abetting" her in her suicide.

^ Yeah, from the information that's in the article, it just sounds like he knew his wife had been feeling suicidal lately, but had no friggin' clue she'd actually attempt suicide right then, endangering the lives of her children in the process. If there's more to the story than that, and there very well could be, then it's not explained in the article at all.

Seems to me that he might have felt really crappy and responsible, and said something incriminating that wasn't really right.

OTOH, I think it's very plausible that within the family he was a total asshole and really did egg her on.

Archived