CrazyBoards.org

Celebrations!

Hiya-

It is time to let ourselves and the world know we're doing something to be stable! And we're achieving stuff over here!

So, have you kept a job for awhile? Kept a stable residence? Stayed with the same (good for you) partner? Maintained other areas of your life? Gone to school?

For me, I've been in the same apartment for 14 months.

time to celebrate !

I have been back to grad school since January, after being on medical leave fall semester, and have been working an increasing number of hours a day - up to 6-7 from the 4-6 I was at in Jan. I'm on track to get my PhD a year after I would originally have gotten it.

I recently was given a leadership position in my martial arts school. (I promptly had an emotional lock-up and couldn't actually lead people, but the teacher and I talked and it looks like it will turn out ok.)

I have been corresponding with a romantic interest who is moving into town shortly, and we will be going on a date. (She knows about the depression but I've yet to disclose the BP.)

I've gotten up on time three of five days this week.

I've been actually feeling stable - no depression, no anxiety or wiredness - for several weeks, since the most recent upping of my seroquel. It might turn out to be an oasis, but it's still a pretty good oasis.

NO,NO AND NO,

Moved twice in less than 4 months.

Got divorced,

I do have

Someone in my life.

Sporadically.

I think (not sure)been living alone)

I'm in a mixed state,

My meds scheds

are about the

only structure

in my days.

Rage,fear

paranoia

Depression

Too much is changing

I'm not catching up.

whine

Stasis,could be worse

This is my first post but I have been lurking since December. I have wanted many times to reply to other threads but didn't have the energy.

I have been married for 16 yrs. and have never had a sexual affair, came real close many times but didn't. I have lived in the same house for 14 yrs. I will be completing grad school in 2 semesters, one yr later than planned due to Hurricane Katrina closing the school down for a semester, and then being too ill to return the next semester.

I was hospitalized (involuntarily for one week and then 6 weeks of partial hosp) in 2000 and diagnosed with bipolar 1 (I was extremely manic at the time, didn't bother me, but it alarmed my family and friends). I was fired from a job I had been at for 10 yrs. I had several episodes of depression prior to this, one was after a miscarraige, the other was post-partum, and the 3rd was after back surgery. I had been on antidepressants for several years. I didn't believe the diagnosis of bipolar and gained 60 lbs on the meds, so I quit taking everything except the antidepressant and the xanax after about 8 months.

After Katrina hit (Aug 2005) I once again became extremely manic with psychotic features and admitted to the hospital (involuntary) for 2 weeks in Nov. I stayed in a mixed state until December, then feel into the worst depression I have ever experienced. This time I believed the diagnosis and have been trying to find the right cocktail ever since. It took 10 excruciating months, with daily thoughts of suicide, even had a plan. Thank God I didn't do it. I have a 8 yr old son and he is the only reason I didn't kill myself, although I prayed to die every night.

I had my psych visit yesterday and am now considered bipolar 1 mixed, full remission!! Pretty good since the doctor treating me in the hosp. released me with a "poor" prognosis. I will be going back to work July 1 (good bye disability checks) and starting school again Aug 28th. I feel great and never believed I would feel "normal" again. My marraige is still very strained and my H is not very supportive, so it has been very tough.

Dx: bipolar 1 mixed, ADD, GAD

meds: Zoloft 150mg, Lamictal 200 mg, Xanax 0.5 mg tid, Adderall 20mg bid, Seraquil 200mg for sleep. I'll probably get back on Straterra once school starts.

i have a real job and doing a good job acting normal (i think ;) )

i have an apt and just renewed the lease

i have to admit, most reluctantly, that my meds are working. everything was upped and i was worried i'd get depressed...but i didn't

overall, i realize i'm lucky to be alive.

I've had the same job for 7 years. I've been in the same profession for 11 years.

I've owned the same house for 4 years.

My health is good, the visa bill is paid off, and I'm close to my family.

My love life is non-existent, but everything else is stable ;)

Even though my grad school program has been stalled, I did get my doctoral dissertation proposal approved this past spring and if I can stay stable, I should get my Ph.D. in June of next year (only a year later than the deadline and no one's technically mad yet...).

I've been living in the same house for nine years. Married for nine years. My two kids are happy and basically okay. On good terms with my family. Can't say they aren't all worried about me, but can't blame them.

Quit drinking a year and ten months ago. Yay.

We're all doing pretty well! So many of us going on to grad school, and even going for a PhD! I shouldn't stop with my MA. Heck, the world needs more developmental economists (helping 3rd world economies thrive in the world market).

I've been doing MA work, but am thinking of maybe switching and doing nursing. I don't know. I have the tests taken and everything except money set up should I decide to go this way or that.

Nursing and economics- lovely pair! I just want to heal the world. How about starting here with me and us? ;)

Loon

Yip Yip lets see I have been living in this place since April 2003, I am in a wonderful relationship with a wonderful, fantastic, nurturing, caring, terrific, lady called Tracey who lives in Scotland (300 miles away) but we make it work! I have been bp stable since August last year, and self injury free now for just over a year

Stability and consisitancy are strange and weird but I am very slowly getting used to them, and even enjoying the stedyness and fresh oportunities that I am presented, even enjoying being able to forward plan something I had given up on for so long

I am in love with my life for the first time in living memory its fab! I just enjoy the simple things that 'normal' people take for granted,

Lea

x

I started a summer job a week and a half ago and haven't done anything horribly wrong there yet, as far as I know. I've lived in the same apartment for 21 months, although I have no idea why that should matter. It's not unusual to change apartments every year when you're in university, and I wouldn't think any less of myself if I did. I've also been with the same partner for 21 months. He is very good for me, and I've never cheated on him and we don't have trouble getting along. I'll be finished the coursework for my Master's degree in less than a month, although I was supposed to be finished in April, but that got derailed earlier in the year what with my two brief inpatient hospitalizations and seven weeks of partial hospitalization. There aren't really any other areas of my life to maintain, although I occasionally go out with friends, am not currently fighting with any family members, and I read a lot, and write, knit, and go out walking a little.

I am pretty sure I should not be posting in this thread, however, because I don't think I should "celebrate" being able to do things I am capable of doing and expect myself to do, especially when there are no obstacles standing in my way that would prevent me from doing them.

I think celebrating the good, stable parts of our lives can be a very healthy thing to do. Why not? Especially with our struggles with depression, it's never a bad thing to take a look at the good news in our lives and say "yay."

Guest Guest

I've been at the same school now for 2.5 years. I've lived in the same apartment for 1.5 years. At the end of August, I'll have been at the same job for 2 years. One more year until I'll graduate with my Bachelor's in Psychology.

I'm used to being fired. Moving every few months. It's really difficult for me right now to get used to staying in the same place.

Congratulations to everyone! Too bad we can't all get together and have a party.

I realized that I should post here. Since the last year sucked royally and NOTHING all that positive happened. Well, I'm alive. I consider that to be cause of celebration. But now,

I'm graduating with my B.A. in Psychology in two months and got into a supercompetitive grad school to get my M.Ed in Special Education. I'm already getting job offers. I've had the same two jobs for two years with fabulous resuts helping difficult kids and adults with DD that is extremely fulfilling. I haven't had an infection, virus, fungus, parasite, etc in almost three weeks which is amazing for me. I have great friends. I love my pets. My sunflowers, marigolds, and snapdragons are flourishing. I may have gained 100 million pounds from the meds, but they're working. They are actually working. I haven't missed a bill payment in forever. One of the gals I work with passed all her classes for the first time ever.

I'm proud of myself. That's the best cause for celebration.

Yes, everyone, and JBella, we've all done cool stuff! So why are we so hard on ourselves? ANY stability for a BP is amazing! It shows us how amazing we are.

Last night I was on the phone with a friend who hasn't known me too long. I was tired from my Zyprexa and said that I was tired from my meds, and needed to go to sleep. He was confused about why I was going to bed so early and why I needed meds. I told him about my MI and meds. He actually said that he would NEVER have guessed, in a million years, and that i *seem* to be the most stable person alive! lol

He hasn't known me long enough or in enough detail to know my wackjob self, the REAL reason for my stability is that I'm on such strong drugs!...

Hiya-

It is time to let ourselves and the world know we're doing something to be stable! And we're achieving stuff over here!

time to celebrate !

Hi Loon.. good thread..

Well, had to get in on this one...

Let me see.. I have had my house since '87..

Haven't been hospitalized since early mid 90's

Have embarked on getting back to my art and marketing it on web

- started up shop, well doors aren't open, but filling in some gaps in it-

with my photography and exploration into the wonders of PhotoShop...

- abstract, multimedia.. but luv acrylics primarily-

Have decided to believe that I am as well as I am, cuz I just found out

that the people in and that run the grp therapy I went to for ? support? and

?insight? after my divorce are far more lost than I have ever been so

bye bye for you... that's right .. two major decisions in 3months.. atr..

Have been drug free- the other kind - for 11yrs now.

Have not had a 'fling' in 7 years

No driving infractions in 4 years( if you knew me well ,, this is frikn amzn)

that bout sums it up..

might proud of that

David

Stability and consisitancy are strange and weird but I am very slowly getting used to them, and even enjoying the stedyness and fresh oportunities that I am presented, even enjoying being able to forward plan something I had given up on for so long

I am in love with my life for the first time in living memory its fab! I just enjoy the simple things that 'normal' people take for granted,

Lea

x

All hail the mighty Lamotrigine! Better Living Through Chemistry.

Archived