CrazyBoards.org

Heya,

Well, my psych and I agree I have this GAD thing.

He's interested in wee little seroquels (half a small one = 12.5mg) for GAD.

(Increasing to a whole little one = 25mg on Monday.)

This doesn't seem totally silly, from my brief survey of the (very limited) literature.

Anyone taken these little ones before?

Howzabout any other little tiny AAPs for anxiety?

Taking it for a few days and seems okay, +++vivid dreams but actually not the bad kind.

--ncc--

my pdoc started me with those on my first visit with her. she had me take them at night to also help my sleep and said that she would give me a much larger dose to take during the day for anxiety (like maybe 100 -200 mg?). lots of folks here tell of big difference of how a low dose is sedating but a large dose isn't.

The first three nights I took them knocked me out but I was a zombie for half the day. I was still trying to hang onto my job at that point and stopped the Seroquel. It really didn't matter much because I lost my job within 2 weeks.

Now that I am an experience crazy person, and not flailing at the edge of sanity and understand how taking meds works, i would be comfortable going back to it if she wanted me too. I did save the rest of the starter box and used the rest of the tabs for times when I was really hard up. Wish she would give me some more, just to have.

Oh, one other thing. Seroquel made me have VIVID TECHNICOLOR CINEMASCOPE SURROUND SOUND DREAMS. Not bad dreams necessarily, but WOw. That dropped off pretty quickly with later uses.

a.m.

At that kind of dose I'd think it's mostly just hitting histamine receptors rather than doing much by way of dopanine blockade. You'd be taking it more for the side effects than for the actual effefcts of the medicaiton, which, IMHO, kick ass.

When are you taking it?

You'd be taking it more for the side effects than for the actual effefcts of the medicaiton, which, IMHO, kick ass.

When are you taking it?

i think he means kick ass in a good way, but i'm not sure.

recently was going to try the 12.5, i did one night, but that was coming down from 25 because people (*cough*) weren't liking my zombiness. i tried also to use 25 at an earlier time but that didn't work so well.

i'm not sure the 12.5 shortened the hangover, though my pdoc thought theoretically it would; either i was just tired and wrecked for some other reason, or it made no difference. the next night i took the rest of my halfies so ended up with a dose of 37.5. i had some pretty sexy dreams.

they COME in 12.5? i have a good pill splitter so it worked out fine, but.. do they?? in canada??

only other anecdotal comment is that i notice that when i've stopped seroquel, the anxiety comes back big time. i notice a lot lot lot more noise. in my head i mean.

hope it working for you.

pj (zombie)

I used to take 25mg at night for sleep, and it was later bumped up to 25 at night, and 25 inthe morning.

This resulted in me rubbernecking my way through all my classes. I had to stop.

I am with you on those crazy dreams, like whoa. Most of mine were really disturbing and bad though, which is another reason I had to drop seroquel.

I'm not really sure it helped a whole lot, but my anxiety problems seem to be untouchable.

I used to take 25 mg Seroquel for insomnia and anxiety, but had to bump it up a couple of times until I hit 75 mg eventually. I love seroquel. It definitely helped me.

Now I take gabapentin, which Dr. M. said is his #1 preference for anxiety and agitation. It's been less than a week and I think it's helping a little. Hopefully it hasn't fully kicked in yet though because it's not enough.

I hope Seroquel helps you.

I was on a big dose of Seroquel for a while, back as far as March, to bring me down from a manic episode, and I've been coming down, down, down and last night, I was down to all of 50 mg and still, I went right out and slept a good 9 and a half hours cold. And I still feel kind of zombified.

I'm really interested in what you said, VE. What's that about the histamine receptors and the dopamine blockade? I know the histamine receptors getting hit make us go down hard, just like a Benadryl...

So we have to take a whole lot more to get a dopamine blockade to lower the anxiety and make the internal voices stop and all that? I want to be normal, I do I do I do! But I don't want to be so zoned out that I find that all flowers look alike, a thought that actually went through my head this evening. ;)

Enquiring minds want to know,

~Cat

Seroquel knocked out my anxiety at all doses (12.5 up to 800mg). It also knocked me to the floor and I had to be treated (bathed, cared for, fed) like an old person for about a week while my body adjusted, but I'm a rare weird case. You'll probably find that it helps. Seroquel isn't so bad.

Seroquel has helped me a great deal with anxiety. I find that I rarely need to take clonazepam any more. My dose went from 25mg to 50 to 75mg. At the beginning of each level, I felt groggy in the daytime, and then after a while that cleared up.

Well, actually, I just started the 75mg about a week ago, so I'm still waiting for the grogginess to clear up.

Heya folks,

Thanks for all the input!

Here's what I've found:

1. Cutting coated pills really really does *not* work. I took the littler halfs the first few days and the bigger halfs the next few days. Now it's up to a whole one and no more silliness.

2. Histamines wow. Regular old Benadryl never did *this.* Benadryl makes me weird(er). This knocks me off my feet.

3. AM, you're not kidding about the dreams. When I started Lamictal, I stopped having vivid horrid nightmares. Now on Seroquel I'm having vivid but not horrid dreams, but holy cow, wild stuff.

4. Anxiety is still sitting there in my gut. My mood chart (anxiety subscale) still says +1 or +2 most days.

5. I'm very, very hungry and go to bed hungry and wake up hungry. No wonder everyone gets metabolic syndrome on this drug.

I'm really quite curious to see if this works for me and if his study works out.

Thanks again for all your replies.

;)

--ncc--

Archived