CrazyBoards.org

FAT or SANE?

Hiya-

I know, it isn't like we want to suffer ED or make ourselves this way. But this raises an interesting issue.

how many of us would rather be sane and a little fat on meds, or crazy and skinny?

i'm struggling with this right now. my pdoc and i are trying to keep the zyprexa for as long as possible.

I am lucky in the sense my Doc and I (correction) I told him If it makes me fat ...forget it..

I am not sure if that is what you mean but there are so many different meds on the market, some better

than others, that one can be used to help you while allowing you to remain relatively thin if you watch your

food and excercise.

It would not be smart to tip the scales in either direction... A person who gets depressed if fat cannot be

helped by a pill that makes them gain weight... What is the sense. A little change in weight that can be

controlled by the patient is the best way to go if the med is going to work. My thoughts.. FRosty

Tommy-

that is really interesting coming from you, since you've weighed a lot and been thinner too. on the other hand, like what frosty said, being fat would/does make many of us depressed. i think there is a different standard for women. we have to be Barbie. (where the hell did they come up with that dumb name- Barbie- anyway? why not Claire or Susan or Elizabeth or something normal? Even Chastity! lol)

Tommy-

that is really interesting coming from you, since you've weighed a lot and been thinner too. on the other hand, like what frosty said, being fat would/does make many of us depressed. i think there is a different standard for women. we have to be Barbie. (where the hell did they come up with that dumb name- Barbie- anyway? why not Claire or Susan or Elizabeth or something normal? Even Chastity! lol)

True about barbie .. but poor guys - GI JOE (super Macho who fears nothing and carries a big gun)

or even KEN - always fashionably dressed , never a streaked hair out of place and tanned pecs

glistenning on the beach....

Can any one really compete.. OH yah ( if you do get fat remember to go to the back of the store ,

where all the PLUS OR WOMEN sizes clothing are hidden from view.. ) That always really pissed me off...

FRosty...

Tommy-

Loon,

Well, it is a trade-off for me. I know that at higher weights, I am stronger and able to compete at a higher level in Highland Games. But, I do know that I look better thinner. My ideal throwing weight was 370 pounds, but even at that weight I was able to do 50 repetitions of weighted dips with 100 pounds hanging from a belt. So, it depends on what the weight is for or whether it helps or hurts. Of course I realize that health-wise thinner tends to be better.

Tommy

For us ladies, men are big on thin. It is like some social sin to be larger than a size 6 (I wear a 6 and already get weird looks- I'm sure people think I'm fat!).

I don't participate in the Highland Games, however I can see the benefit of weighing more for that kind of competition.

Zyprexa, how we love thee!

Ahh, you are trying to stay on Zyprexa for as long as you can because it makes you gain weight and you don't want to do that.

I tried Zyprexa for a minute. Ditched it ASAP because there were other things to try, and I was too busy eating to be BP. But once I had gone through everything else, I tried Lith, then what the pdoc wanted to start off with in the first place, Depakote.

I am going to gain weight. I don't think guys are wrong for choosing thinner women. But I don't think those types of guys would be interested in me anyway. At least not that way.

So, rather be sane. Being crazy does not suit me whatsoever.

Sam

I'll take fat and stable. When I was unmedicated, I was at the thinnest I've ever been.

And I was sleeping about 2 hours a night.

That would go on for about a month and then I'd crash into bipolar II depression hell.

Seroquel was a miracle for me. I've tried to go off it, but I immediately start getting manic. And it isn't the fun kind. I've gained quite a bit of weight since I've been on it, and have tried various ways to lose it. I figured yo-yo-ing was worse, and now I just struggle to maintain where I am.

I'll take fat and stable. When I was unmedicated, I was at the thinnest I've ever been.
That reminded me that when I was the most insane I've ever been, I was also the thinnest. I was paranoid psychotic and stopped eating. I lost like 30 pounds in a month. My clothes were hanging off me. I went from 150 to 120.

I probably looked great (I was age 30 and fit then), but I was totally batshit crazy and ended up in the hospital. The mental suffering was unbearable. So, no, I don't want to be crazy in order to be thin. I'd rather be fat and mentally OK.

Yes, I'm trying to stay on Zyprexa for as long as possible. My pnurse and I decided that if I can control the weight and even lose a bit, that we can keep Z. Otherwise, if the weight wins, we'll need a plan M (there have been plans A,B,C...L already) lol

Yes, I'm trying to stay on Zyprexa for as long as possible. My pnurse and I decided that if I can control the weight and even lose a bit, that we can keep Z. Otherwise, if the weight wins, we'll need a plan M (there have been plans A,B,C...L already) lol
Loon, I have to tell you that you are damned funny. I bet you get on a roll and have people crying because they're laughing so hard. In every post you say something that cracks me up.

Guest Karuna_unsignedin

I'm off the dreaded Z but having a lot of luck with Risperidone. I am also at Slimming World to keep the weight off but a few pounds each week is better than a dress size up every few weeks. I am a terrible dieter cos I love junk food but slowly I am doing it. But voluptuous and sane, definitely.

I weigh myself every morning and seem to be having success with my diet. What I do is whevever I'm hungry, I write down the time, what I want to eat, and my feelings (lonely, sad, normal, whatever). Then I drink 3 glasses of water and eat an apple, and walk around the block. If in 30 mins I am still hungry, I'll check the time and see if it is a mealtime or an appropriate time to eat. If so, then I'll eat something in my diet, and if not, I'll drink more water and control myself. Usually the desires go away when I know I"m going to control myself.

I'm down to 135 and want to go down into the 120 range.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Zyprexa weight gain Loon. It usually levels off and 135 is tiny. You sound like you are watching your diet carefully. Don't be too disheartened

Isn't it good to be sane again? ;) I'm sure enjoying it.

Hiya-

I know, it isn't like we want to suffer ED or make ourselves this way. But this raises an interesting issue.

how many of us would rather be sane and a little fat on meds, or crazy and skinny?

i'm struggling with this right now. my pdoc and i are trying to keep the zyprexa for as long as possible.

id definately take the little fat and sane. i mean vanity will get you in trouble, especially when its your mental health at stake. and if "crazy" really means _crazy_, you should take that seriously!! i think if you're willing to sacrifice your mental health for looking good, that's crazy itself. and if you choose the extra weight and sanity, that means u are actively choosing to get better... anyways only assholes are looking for women that have to have perfect bodies....

my $0.02.

z

of course you're all right- but when i look in the mirror i see such a hippo, even when i'm a reed according to other people. i admire my cousin who wears a size 0 and has had 2 kids. i'd like to be a 3/4. i'm a 6 now. i've always hovered around a 6 and i'd like to lose, not gain.

but being poor like i am, that shall likely happen (becoming thin),, and i won't have to worry...

but you are all right. a little plump and sane is better.

and i am C-R-A-Z-Y. not just a little crazy zsandoz! lol

Archived