CrazyBoards.org

when people randomly PM you asking for pro-cutting sites

I got randomly PM'd by someone who wanted to ask me a "spoort group question", and when I said I could probably refer them to the proper boards, asked me if I know of any pro-cutting sites. I don't, and wouldn't refer them to those sites even if I did, but I'm not sure what else to do. Does anyone know of anything healthy written to connect with pro-cutting people?

Noemie,

You were asked a completely appropriate question and gave the perfect answer. That's not what we do here.

I would recommend you PM any of the mods on the self-injury board with the particulars and they will contact that person. Thank you.

Greeny

Any time anyone wants to talk to you about anything via PM it's important for you to define your boundaries and comfort zone and stick to it like glue. Remember that you are here to help yourself first and foremost. If somebody else gets something out of you being here, dandy for them. You are not under any circumstances expected to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.

For something like this, you can PM one of the admins or whoever you notice is online at the time. If there is something creepy going on, we pay attention.

I got randomly PM'd by someone who wanted to ask me a "spoort group question", and when I said I could probably refer them to the proper boards, asked me if I know of any pro-cutting sites. I don't, and wouldn't refer them to those sites even if I did, but I'm not sure what else to do. Does anyone know of anything healthy written to connect with pro-cutting people?

you did the right thing, noemie. pro-cutting sites, just like pro-ana sites, do exist, but, as a *support* website attempting to help people get *better,* we do not support them or discussion of self-injury as a positive act. We try to help each other, not promote negative habits. Support for those in need, yes; encouraging harmful behavior, no.

The terms and conditions for this board in regard to self-injury:

WARNING: This board may contain material some might find upsetting or triggery. Posts mentioning specific acts or otherwise considered triggery are to be marked with that nifty skull icon (aka "Dead Ed"). Please read the full warning pinned at the top of the forum before posting. This board is for the express purpose of helping you get better. The romanticizing of self-injury is an offence punishable by a thoroughgoing stomping with the Big Stompy Boots of Stomping.

Again, self-injury does exist here and we are here for people who recognize the problem and need support in order to help them stop, but we do not encourage the acts themselves.

noemie, you did the right thing by posting so we can get this policy out there for those who might not have been clear about it. If you have any trouble, do not hesitate to PM me.

~Ophelia~

• 4 years later...
Guest Br0k3n

This shows how dumb I am. I thought they wanted help resisting cutting.

raven

nah, usually cutters think of it as a positive outlet. they don't see a problem in it... unfortunately. or, at least the cutters i've been around (including my(former)self don't think bad of it...)

Archived