For CB Gentlemen

Hiya boys,( I am NOT looking for a date here, this is ONLY to see if guys are left who are date material!)

I believe that all the good ones are gone. I want you to disprove my theory. Not to date you, but just to disprove my theory with your own worthiness. I want someone who is smart, sensitive, understanding, hopefully not ugly, and maybe MI. And oh yeah, he has to have interests that go beyond football.

Any candidates available that you know of (not for me but available to cut down my theory), or are all the good guys gone>?

good guys gone wild?

I fit all those qualifications, but am married for now ;) Also, I can't say whether I'm ugly or not (esteem issues). I really think there are guys out there like that; maybe they're hiding.

Tommy

Hiya boys,

I believe that all the good ones are gone. I want you to disprove my theory. Not to date you, but just to disprove my theory with your own worthiness. I want someone who is smart, sensitive, understanding, hopefully not ugly, and maybe MI. And oh yeah, he has to have interests that go beyond football.

Any candidates available that you know of (not for me but available to cut down my theory), or are all the good guys gone>?

good guys gone wild?

Smart? Yes

Semsitive? I try, but sometimes I really just have to say it the way it is

Understanding? Of what. Bear in mind guys instinctively want to provide answers, not moral support.

Ugly? Who knows?

MI? Oh, yeah...

Smart? I'm intelligent and I can do sums and discuss literature and stuff but I've got zero common sense.

Sensitive? Way over sensitive. The sound of the door closing scares me. I am offended by randoms I have never met on the fucking internet and obsess for days over the tiniest nuance in people's posts that I'm probably imagining anyway. Then there's the fun of real life.

Understanding? I don't really understand myself but I've been through a lot of changes and can generally relate, although I get fucking tired of "proper conversations".

Football? I must be the only person in my town not to have seen a single World Cup game and I am proud. I am making a stand against a sport that in England frequently translates into casual racism.

And without medication I'm frighteningly crazy.

www.myspace.com/crystalvoyager - are you sure you've got your priorities right now?

Football? I must be the only person in my town not to have seen a single World Cup game and I am proud. I am making a stand against a sport that in England frequently translates into casual racism.

Hello,Lost.

I think it's

American Football,

You are talking Soccer?

I don't waste time on

Sports anyway.

No tv in 6 months

So No

History Channel

or News.

Just the Boards

and the Ocean.

Stasis

Guest Guest

Yeah "soccer".

I actually love American Football. It is gloriously silly. Big men in tight trousers, helmets and pads. Crazed commentators talking nonsense at 90 mph. The rules are impossible to understand and the commentary doesn't help at all but no-one cares. Crowds of over-excitable Americans making inane guestures and behaving far crazier than our "soccer" supporters and yet apparently everything goes peacefully, in marked contrast to the state of affairs here.

Hey Loon,

I definately fit the mentally ill criteria. And owing to that I've already forgotten what the rest were...let me scoll back up...right.

Smart? I used to be before I broke.

Sensitive? Kind of, in a flattened or inapropriate affect kind of a way. I'm a good listener.

Understanding? probably overly so.

I don't like american football, soccer, rugby union or league, aussie rules football or any other sport really. But your question was not whether or not we like footbal it was if we have interests that go beyond football and owing to MI I really don't. I like my job working with kids, but that's about the extent of what I do other than the boards.

So I guess I don't fit your criteria (or anyone elses iit would seem ;) )

Dan

That's ok Dan! Having no outside interests due to MI is a normal thing. heck, i get that way too.

So out of the over 3,000 members of CB, I've had less than a dozen admit that they're good candidates for ladies to date! The sea must be lacking fish! No wonder I can't find anyone. The ones I do find are married already (and not to me)!

Well Loon, maybe some of the guys who saw your original post didn't respond cause you said you're not looking for someone to date but just to disprove your theory. I mean, maybe disproving your theory just isn't as interesting to them as dating you. Or maybe their MI has them too bullshitted into thinking they're NOT good candidates when they actually are. Who knows?

As for me well, I'm not a good candidate. I suck as a human being, and dammit I have the guts to admit it. ;)

---> LOON ALREADY HAS A LOONY LOVE LIFE<----------

i just want to know if all the good guys in the world are taken or if there are any left. at the present time i am dating a guy who worships his art a 1,000 times over me, and a married guy (i will rot in hell for sure).

but my point IS-

any good guys untaken so the rest of the single lady population could get you? and don't be so mental that you think you're not worthy. just put yourself up anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm with smitty on this one. for those of us out here, it depends on the time or the place. sometimes we own the day, sometimes it owns us. being nuts has both benefits and detriments, just catch us in between. i assure you though, we are here.

reid

Loon, this is a little off-topic, but have you ever considered going to a bipolar or MI support group. Might be an interesting place to meet men.And they are probably MI. Unless they are really hard up for a woman! mel1

Loon, this is a little off-topic, but have you ever considered going to a bipolar or MI support group. Might be an interesting place to meet men.And they are probably MI. Unless they are really hard up for a woman! mel1

I don't think it's a good idea to go to a support group to try and pick up men.

I think that's probably a recipe for disaster- like meeting someone in rehab.

Agreed!!!

Loon,

There are a million good men out there. You are just going for the wrong ones, the wrong way.

I meet this really cute waiter and claim jumper. Single and Hot! I think you just have to keep looking and not for married Men!!! you are just asking for trouble.

My shitty 2cents

Loon: why is it that you're interested in men that are MI? personally, having been in relationships where we're both nuts and relationships where i'm the nut and i have a nice person who can support me without me having to worry about their crazy, i prefer the latter. but maybe that's just me. and it depends on the MI, i guess. for sure, though, a depressive + bipolar girl = bad mix.

also agree with Becca on the meeting people in a support group is like meeting people in rehab. you're just setting yourself up for a fall there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.....

Am attached, tho a year ago was not. Definitely smart. Sensitive? I like to think so, but once in a while may space, as opposed to anything nasty. Not too often, I like to think. Understanding: well, I do try, and I think I succeed most of the time. Not ugly. MI, well, yeah, some. Hate American football. Too painful to play, too boring to watch unless you like ritualized sadomasochistic homosexuality on TV. For that matter, I can't really stand TV. Soccer can be fun to play, not sure about watching, and definitely don't like riots. Have too many hobbies, plus own maybe 100 books of poetry, have read most of them. Rowing, bicycling, etc. Also have traditional male thing of fixing stuff, most of which stays fixed. Have learned to coexist with others without making too much of a mess.

There are some down points, tho:

career slump, no money, not very organized...

As far as finding people in support groups. There can be nice people there, but you had better be good at picking them, because there will also be others who are not so great. As far as I can tell, there are some nice guys in the support group I occasionally attend. Not sure I'd want to date any of the women I've met there (tho I sorta did date one once, and we are still friends). But some of them are pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

Loon-A-Tik

I might fall into your catagories.

*I'm not brilliant but I am above average in intellegence. I graduated college with honors ;) .

*I try to be sensetive to a lady I'm interested in so I can listen to her and appreciate her for who she is and to be there if she needs me for support or even just some company. I am also gentle in touch and speech. I know I am sensitive myself which makes me tend to get nervous and lose my esteem. Overall, I guess I'm sensetive though.

*I've always tried to be understanding towards others and show them some empathy and try to look through their eyes at a situation.

*My Mom and some girls I've known/dated say I'm good or ok looking. I have trouble seeing it that way but it could be the depression.

*I am MI. Chronic depression, alcoholic, and maybe BP II.(one doc says yes, one says maybe no). I have a problem now with the Depakote I take. It seems to have made me get aggitated over the years. I lose patience very easy now and become grumpy. I just want to go home and hide from the world and hang out with my cat or sleep. I also have curly hair now and an extra 40lbs. Quit drinking and got a "beer belly" :) . I may be taken off the med though.

*NO INTEREST IN SPORTS. Though I did play pool and darts in the past when I went to bars. Does that make me a jock?(hehe) I like history and the sciences and have usually been interested about learning new things when the depression doesn't do me in.

So... please let me know if I would qualify as a "Good One." Feels alittle strange giving myself semi compliments. I'd like to get your opinion even though I didn't give much information.

My opinion? When I look in the mirror I see a 39 year old, depressed, alcoholic, car lot attendent(I wash cars), still living at home with mommy, broke and unattractive. Every girl's dream(<---sarcasm). Over the years I have become cynical about relationships and I don't think I will ever find a lady to be my partner. But, I may be wrong and my thinking may change.

Eric

Heh I HEREEEEEEEE.. Alive in the Midwest. Was married for 33.5 years to the same gal, definately MI-- Try BPII RC, but above all I do know how to treat a lady. there is nothing I would not do. Do a search on my posts....

later.

This thread, while interesting, reminds me in a macbre way of the subplot of Fight Club, wherein healthy people trolled cancer support groups and such for the express purpose or finding someone to bang, or someone whom's soul was open for complete suckage. Like a vampire feeding groud.

S9

Archived