CrazyBoards.org

would you adjust your depression meds

Dunno. I'm still rather pissed off about the cognitive crap I've been dealing with this year, at least some of which is related to medication which was supposed to be neutral or even help. Very skeptical regarding more meds. Let me know how it works out for you. I think as long as I'm sorta functional and able to resist the temptation to electrocute myself with a metal fork, I'll hold off on taking more meds which do more things which make me more depressed indirectly.

I keep on saying that I would, that I want to, even talk to my docs about it and get the okay... and then I don't do it. I guess I want to see what I can overcome on my own. And then it always ends up that things are really bad and I can't increase the AD fast enough for it to make a difference when I need it to. Hmm. Can't win.

Yup. Do it carefully, and do your homework, and be conservative about it, but it's your life and you're not going to get it back to do over. If it works, it will also make your therapy more effective. Having said that, I have to also say that I'm not an expert.

Are you already taking fish oil, exercising quite a bit, spending time outside when it's light, eating decent food, etc? If you are capable of doing these things, you might try them for a while first. But if you are not, probably it's best to start adjusting the meds before trying the impossible. If the med change makes you less afraid of people, you may find that socializing is good treatment for your depression as well. I'm not saying that any of these things is a substitute for meds, but they can help you feel better.

I'm glad you've had a taste of full on sanity. Please report what it's like for the rest of us. In my family, we have one person kinda like that naturally, so I have an idea what it looks like from the outside.

Hi Hollywood,

I like the suggestions. I'm getting a little more energy to "socialize" ... don't have a lot of friends who are near me so I am getting out a bit. (tdoc said, well you might say hello to people when you are out! I'm like, but crap, then they'll talk to me! )

Take care,

Luli

Archived