CrazyBoards.org

tinnitus with migrane?

anyone have tinnitus problems with M? i occasionally have 'ringing' or 'swoshing' without a M but today with my M it was like tin foil being moved around. i kept hearing the 'pattern' it was making which was driving my crazy (i tend to do that with any noise anyway). i had my ear plugs in and thought that may be making it worse, but it wasn't. but lying down did make it louder.

it was so bad, i thought i was going to have to go to the er.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have tinnitus problems with M?

I have tinnitus constantly. Most of the time I'm able to ignore it, and sometimes even forget I have it until I listen for it, unless it gets real bad, like during a migraine. I went to my HMO, which did a series of hearing and nerve tests, then told me that there was nothing they could do about it. At my primary care doc's suggestion, I began taking bioflavinoids, but I really haven't noticed any difference with or without them. So I just grin and bear it when it swoops down on me like a hawk. There's nothing much else to do, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

I've had tinnitus for 24 years. It's a result of nerve damage in my ear and there's nothing anone can do about it. However, I just saw the neuro today and when I told her that certain things (flourescent lights, background noise, trucks backing up, etc) seem to make it worse she said it sounds like (no pun intended) a migraine state. So yeah, migraines can and do cause it. She started me on neurontin, which I'm kind of ambivalent about. Don't know what else to say. Hope you're feeling better.

millieO

Archived