CrazyBoards.org

Men with older brothers more likely to be gay

Also doesn't that finding lend more strength to the nurture, rather than nature side of the argument. Agreed, if the older brothers were also gay, genetics would seems a strong feature, but if not, then the environment seems stronger.

I am curious,

Tommy.

From the article....

"The increase in the likelihood of being gay was seen only in those whose brothers had the same mothers, whether they were raised together or not, he said.

Men raised with several older step- or adopted brothers do not have an increased chance of being gay.

"So what that means is that the environment a person is raised in really makes not much difference," he said.

What makes a difference, he said, is having older brothers who shared the same womb and gestational experience, suggesting the difference is because of "some sort of prenatal factor."

One possibility, he suggests, is a maternal immune response to succeeding male fetuses. The mother may react to a male fetus as foreign, but not to a female fetus because the mother is also female."

One possibility, he suggests, is a maternal immune response to succeeding male fetuses. The mother may react to a male fetus as foreign, but not to a female fetus because the mother is also female."

all this made me think was "omg alien baby!"

Guest espressogrrl

ummmmm

i think it is math screwing with us. if one in ten men are gay, then the more boys are in the family, the more chance one will be gay. ie.,

if you have 2 boys, you will have less of a chance of having one son who is gay than if you have 10 boys. The more boys you have, the more the chance grows of having a gay child.

math. just math. that's my opinion. ;)

• 1 month later...

ummmmm

i think it is math screwing with us. if one in ten men are gay, then the more boys are in the family, the more chance one will be gay. ie.,

if you have 2 boys, you will have less of a chance of having one son who is gay than if you have 10 boys. The more boys you have, the more the chance grows of having a gay child.

math. just math. that's my opinion. ;)

If it were just math, then the chances SHOULD be evenly spread out. IE: it shouldn't matter how many OLDER brothers you have; just brothers. Besides; I'd have to have a look at the study, but they usually take that all into account.

• 1 month later...

Archived