CrazyBoards.org

Adderall "holiday" - how long?

It's normal to need to increase the dose once or twice in the first six months but you shouldn't need to again after that.

I've never needed to do that so I don't really know. Try doing it over a weekend when you don't need to do anything as rebound ADD will have you as dumb as a doorknob.

I dunno if I am wierd for this, and it makes it not work as well, but I only take my 30mg of Adderal XR Monday thru Fridays, and I generally don't take it on the weekend unless I have an event I have to work or something.

i try to take 1 day off a week (though rarely do) if i can't b/c i'm super super busy, i take 3 or 4 days off when i have days where i don't need to do more than watch tv. after that the tolerance issues go away for me. i do this every 4-6 months depending on how hectic life is. though really i don't know if i need these holidays, i'm just in the habit of doing them. (sometimes it's nice to have a day off from everything.)

Guest espressogrrl

i try to take 1 day off a week (though rarely do) if i can't b/c i'm super super busy, i take 3 or 4 days off when i have days where i don't need to do more than watch tv. after that the tolerance issues go away for me. i do this every 4-6 months depending on how hectic life is. though really i don't know if i need these holidays, i'm just in the habit of doing them. (sometimes it's nice to have a day off from everything.)

Yeah. I am super busy too. How would I function? I am being screen for BP at the moment (so irritated.) and the lamictal overrules the adderall. it.is.complete.hell. imagine ADD with all the forgetting and all the lack of focus but NO drive. *sigh*. i just sit and look confused all the time.

I can't imagine not taking the adderall now that I have it. i think i would have to be watching some marathon on tv or something.

Try doing it over a weekend when you don't need to do anything as rebound ADD will have you as dumb as a doorknob.

I don't have ADD. My pdoc prescribed it for its off-label antidepressant effect, and because my Effexor sends me off to dreamland. I took three days off and that seems to have done the trick, at least to some degree.

Cerberus

In my experience, that's long enough to do the trick. But my tolerance only goes to a certain point, so I don't bother with the holidays most of the time.

Archived