CrazyBoards.org

Flaky people suck

danna101

So my friend invites me out for tonight. Says he'll call me...then I never hear from him! This is after a date canceled because he was "in a terrible mood and wouldn't be good company."

Geez Louise, I know people are flaky, but flakiness isn't good for someone who is paranoid like me and always blames herself ("I guess no one wants to hang out with me").

How do you balance being laid back with setting boundaries? For example, what should I say to the friend who said he'd call me but didn't?? I don't know if I should just let it slide or what. I don't want to be too uptight, but I also don't like it when people don't follow through as I feel it's very rude. He could have at least called me to let me know his plans had changed.

I wouldn't let it slide - I'd definitely say to him that you thought you had plans and wondered why he didn't follow through with them or call you. Too bad if he's offended - his behaviour was offensive. Don't let him trample over you.

Skittle

(who's a grumpy cow today and would happily yell at him for you)

I tell people that while i am understanding that they may not feel well, that i planned that time to spend with them, at a particular time (if they are a perpectually late person), and FEEL THEY DO NOT RESPECT ME OR MY TIME. there is only one person this does not work for whom i associate with, and for him, i always just assume he'll be 1/2 hr late, and that works.

Yes, people who do not understand time or obligations SUCK.

Archived