CrazyBoards.org

I am majorly oversleeping, like thirteen hours a night. I have a BP diagnosis but mostly suffer depression rather mania which si why I posted here.

I don't have to get up for anything in the morning except for one day a week where my group therapy starts early, so most mornings I get up around eleven, so I am not ready to face the day till about midday. This is mostly due to my meds making me so sedated, if I manage to drag my ass out of bed early (which happens very rarely) I sleep later in the day. I guess it is also because I feel at my most depressed in the mornings, so I would rather be unconscious than awake. Does anyone have any advice or morning routines to make it easier to get up in the morning? I feel like I ought to be up and at them in the morning but I am anything but.

me, I shower first thing, that helps. sometimes I take my night meds (remeron) earlier, like 9pm rather than 10....and get to bed earlier...

but then, as I have appts or work 5 or 6 mornings a week, my situation's slightly different.

I know this is hard, but get bright light in your eyes as early as you can. Go outside to get it, if it's not all dark and cloudy. If you can force yourself to get some vigorous exercise, right when you get up, even 5 minutes of it will make a big difference. Maybe. But then, depression doesn't hit me that way. I tend to sleep less. So take what I say with a grain of salt. I've always found that after a month or two of a lot (like 30 to 90 minutes) of vigorous exercise on most days, not too close to bedtime, I have much more energy. But that's probably not possible for you just yet. If it is, do it.

Archived