CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety makes me anger and rage

Guest BOYD

Yes lexapro 10 mg/day works fine most of the time.

I go to pieces when the stress is overwhelming.

I ALWAYS get angry, mad as hell, overreact and have Balls Of steel.

Is that normal for me and my GAD?

I feel so bad for acting so looney but I just cannot stop myself.

Boyd

anxiety also tends to come with anger for me....

(Bowlby's book after all on attachment and separation, was subtitled "Anxiety and anger")

for me, its part of my PTSD/Borderline/depression/undissociating continuum.

but, everyone is different.

what does your dr/pdoc/tdoc say?

I go to pieces when the stress is overwhelming.

I ALWAYS get angry, mad as hell, overreact and have Balls Of steel.

Stress exacerbates all of my MIs, so I can get pretty riled up. Bitter, snappish, argumentative. It's like the pressure builds up and I can't release it, so it leaks out in little volcanic explosions. Everything annoys me, too.

When I get this way and people are rude or inconsiderate, I entertain very anti-social thoughts. Like when my neighbors slam the front door around one o'clock in the AM (big, explosive slam), and my bedroom is connected to the foyer. Anger doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling and I have to restrain myself from doing something that borders on felonious. I imagine you get the same way.

OK here's a suggestion, I don't know if you've thought about:

How about a therapist? You know....someone trained in dealing with this stuff? I had the same issues several years ago. With therapy, my journey has been one that has turned mostly peaceful. I don't react the same way over and over and over and over anymore. I have learned a lot.

You can't depend just on the meds. There is work involved (gasp) and that work is sometimes painful and unpleasant and it takes a while. But it's worth it.

You didn't get this way over night and it's not your fault.

Just a thought ;)

"Guest"

You know, if you approach this with an open mind - it'll be a good thing for you.

Also remember: it's not your fault. Usually "faulty wiring". ;)

Hang in there too, you have lots of friends here who want to see you take steps forward.

Breeze

Guest espressogrrl

Breeze is correct. I know this I need help. I have known this and breeze was very kind to point out again what she and I have discussed. I know a tdoc is in the wings for me. VE is also so correct.

wow. took me a lot longer than that. good job!!

It's hot out and things are starting to fry (usually my neurons) I am anger management central (How may I help you today?) and I really understand. Call every single doctor that works for you and talk til you're out of breath. Faulty wiring is so tricky so tread carefully.

lilie

I'm glad you're ready to take the next step, Boyd. You need to get both a pdoc and a tdoc. Another pill might help, but therapy might help more. I was very reluctant to get help. Therapy seemed to me to be like paying someone to be your friend. Was I ever wrong- it's not like friendship or like any other professional relationship. I don't know hoe to describe it, but it's great to have someone totally focus on you for an hour. Not to belittle drugs, gotta love those little pills!

Guest espressogrrl

See? All these wonderful people can't be wrong. :)

And uh, we're all behind you and I hope you know that.

Breeze

Thanks

I have a Tdoc picked out from a lawyer friend. He is near my home and deals with stress and work type stress. He is a guy and I would rather have a female just as I like woman better. lol. Really it is true

I personally feel uneazy with heterosexual men. I have no idea why..maybe from father issues as a young

sponge. S9 is aware of the story behind that ....HMMMMM maybe she can be my tdoc...She could come to the house and bring a fold up couch like those massage people bring those fold up tables. WATCHA THINK!

BOYD ;)

heyya!

i just thought to tell you this...

this may be a bit borderline of me...(still trying to figure it out...borderline or BP...who knows) ...but when i go to tdocs that are women, i trust them TOO much, and i get easily hurt, and i don't speak up if they are wrong in what they think i feel, and i second guess myself....

so this week i will be visiting a man. i rhink because i am not 100% trusting i will look closer at myself for answers as well as my tdoc... but thats just me..

Hi Boyd. I'm glad you slept. Have you eaten any protien today? I think you should check out the guy your friend recommended. If he's not right for you, maybe he can recommend a female therapist. He might just work out, though. I have daddy issues and I've been seeing an older male tdoc since last fall. I wasn't so sure about it at first. The only therapist I had seen before was a woman my age. It was like a peer relationship, which was good at that point. I worked through some things but I got as far as I could with her in less than a year. The guy I see now is more like a father figure, only sober. I can sort out family of origin stuff with him better than I would have with the previous therapist. You won't know until you have a couple of sessions. You've got to start somewhere, and he comes with a recommendation from someone you know and trust. Make an appointment if you haven't already.

Guest espressogrrl

This is important for your rage problem. Plenty of rest. Plenty of good food. Sometimes the lack of both can be a bad combo. You're smart to take a nap.

breeze

Totally with you Breeze... I call it my 2 out of 3 rule....I must always be getting relief in 2 of three areas:

food

sleep

stress.

if i have stress and no food or sleep, i will suck. If i have sleep but have lots of stress and no food, I will suck.

Guest espressogrrl

Happy Boyd day!!

Luck with the sex thing. I am contemplating adding it and making it a 2 out of 4 thing...

maybe 3 out of 4 thing...

better talk to the girlfriend about that.

Guest espressogrrl

heya cutie!

Nah... I meant MY girlfriend before I dictate that I must have sex x times per day. Long story resulting in word vomit on my part.

Nope no NJ lottery for me. Besides the fact that the lottery was closed while the state was shut down, I kinda feel like the lottery is for people who don't understand math.

not that i am a math wiz. but i DO get statistics, and I am just not that optimistic!!

what did you do for your birthday??

Archived