CrazyBoards.org

My latest metaphor for depression is that its like feeling seasick-no land in sight and an occasional good breeze may provide split second relief- and then there it is again.

i feel like when i was a kid and had a stomach virus- the horrible nausea would come in waves.

you know the "depression hurts" commercial? for me right now its waves of nausea. waves and waves of nausea- the anxious kind. just took 3 different prn's hope they kick in soon.

My latest metaphor for depression is that its like feeling seasick-no land in sight and an occasional good breeze may provide split second relief- and then there it is again.

i feel like when i was a kid and had a stomach virus- the horrible nausea would come in waves.

you know the "depression hurts" commercial? for me right now its waves of nausea. waves and waves of nausea- the anxious kind. just took 3 different prn's hope they kick in soon.

Sorry you feel so sick.. Since you get the queasies, (I get the dizzies..) I found that Ginger root in capsules helps greatly and having a case of ginger ale always in the house is amust,

I get pukey very often and take so many pills that I stay away from the peptos and the like because they affect the way your meds get absorbed..

Try Ginger and /or ask Doc about anti nausea pills.. I had some but got rid of them because they were given to me by somebody else...

Hope you feel better.. Frosty

Thanks Frosty.

i didn't know ginger came in capsules- i'll have to look for it. i have been drinking gingerale. it gets better when i get enough meds in me- one or two more prns might do it- its hard to figure out what the right dose will be- don't worry this is within pdoc guidelines for using my prns)

btw- did you know that compazine- which is a medicine presribed for nausea and vomiting is in the same family of drugs as thorazine? interesting huh.

Thanks Frosty.

i didn't know ginger came in capsules- i'll have to look for it. i have been drinking gingerale. it gets better when i get enough meds in me- one or two more prns might do it- its hard to figure out what the right dose will be- don't worry this is within pdoc guidelines for using my prns)

btw- did you know that compazine- which is a medicine presribed for nausea and vomiting is in the same family of drugs as thorazine? interesting huh.

Well I hope the capsules work , pharmacies sometimes have blends of herbs that they say stop the queasies but I recommend staying away from any blends because some herbs do not mix with meds. idea. Meds are so weird..

They give you stuff to take originally used for something and you end up using it for something else..

Like topamax and lamictal both used for seizures when I was put on them years ago.. Now they say, that it is used for stabilizing moods in BP 2's like me. At first my Doc had to tell me they were only approved so far for seizures and that is what the phamacist was going to say.. So just listen and shut up basically.. or your insurance will not pay. OK .. Frosty

Have not made any med changes that would explain the nausea. its a familiar feeling- i get it every time the depression hits- its that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach- and i keep taking these big deep breaths like that going to help but it doesn't. then its anxious queezy and dizzy- probably not breathing right.

i guess i know its another true "episode" when i have the physical symptoms. honestly i don't really feel sad or anything, just sick and its happened so many times before that i know this is Depression with the bigD.

this sucks.

Decades ago, when I was really low, I said that all life was on a spectrum between pain and nausea. A friend thought it was really funny, but then he spent his time studying nuclear weapons. (Not to make them, but to stop them, but such study bends your mind in funny ways.)

Not sure what to suggest other than ginger and keep trying to find ways to get better.

Archived