CrazyBoards.org

"Relationship Thingy"

yeah, i was told by a guy that he is in a "relationship thingy". i understand the relationship part. but what is a relationship thingy? just the vocabulary is very odd. any clues or stuff that is funny to point out? questions, comments, concerns?

RELATIONSHIP THINGY

My first thought is "relationship thingy = euphemism for sex toy."

My second thought is that either he was being extremely casual verbally, or that they haven't decided for certain that they are in a relationship.

trying to tell you he's in a relationship without actually telling you he's in a realtionship. (ugh- men)

OH horrors... and maybe hoping you will say "oh I don't mind if you have a girl.."

EEEks..

Frost

I'd rather dry up a never to be used again crone than be a thingee. Fuck that. A liar with guilty conscience, trying to stay *this* much on the side of integrity.

Think again asshole, man or woman. NO matter. Players.

Fuck that.

and he told me that i'm "bizarre", but "in a good way". i AM mentally interesting and do not act like a "normal" 27-yr-old...

but he's a player. i'm better off finding other bizarre people to be bizarre and have relationships, not relationship thingies with.

melinda

Guest espressogrrl

***RANT ALERT***

Relationship Thingie (Ree-lay-shun-ship Theeng-ee) n. def. (1) A common phrase used to diminuize a committed relationship when faced with present tempation. Translation: " I have a girlfriend. She thinks we are committed. I wanted to still bang her so I reluctantly agreed. We've talked about a hypothetical future. Probably mentioned kids and we have pet names for each other. As far as she knows, everything is peachy. I don't want you to know that, though, because I want to bang you. But if I don't tell you about her, you wont want to bang me. So I am telling you as little as possible to still be considered honest enough that you will accept your temptation and I can get laid by two chicks at the same time."

Espresso- you totally defined it right, except he is MARRIED. even worse! he seems to be down and i actually believe he is in a relationship he wants to end. but i don't want to BANG him if he's married. so we will be friends.

and being "bizarre" was intended to be taken well and i "have a beautiful soul".

loonier than ever!

Guest espressogrrl

Espresso- you totally defined it right, except he is MARRIED. even worse! he seems to be down and i actually believe he is in a relationship he wants to end. but i don't want to BANG him if he's married. so we will be friends.

and being "bizarre" was intended to be taken well and i "have a beautiful soul".

loonier than ever!

OH my GOD!!!!!

of course he admires your soul. because he would like to TAKE YOURS because he DOESNT HAVE ONE.

I have been waiting for you to get back to this post all day. Like it says under the OCD forum topic "click here repeatedly"...thats been me...

Marriage=Relationship Thingie. wow. thats nuts.

Jesus Christ!!! It should be a broken miserable hell relationship thingie if he is meaning to end it. but never just a thingie. what a dick.

becareful of the friends thing. he's just lookin to reel you in. I learned a long time ago that for me, i need to keep people who are soulless bastards in their relationships out of my friendship pool. it's not like they are two different people. if you are capable of screwing over your wife, who knows what you will do to insecure lil ol' me. you know?

and they wont let gays get married because of the sancticty of marriage. humph.

becareful of the friends thing. he's just lookin to reel you in. I learned a long time ago that for me, i need to keep people who are soulless bastards in their relationships out of my friendship pool. it's not like they are two different people. if you are capable of screwing over your wife, who knows what you will do to insecure lil ol' me. you know?

and they wont let gays get married because of the sancticty of marriage. humph.

Triple Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

he mentioned something about wanting to move/relocate for work, and i asked if the mrs was going too. he said "that remains to be determined". is this just a bad relationship point?

obviously, i gave in to my like for him and am having a Relationship Thingy with him. i know he's married, but his situation is unknown to me. he doesn't share any info. this is suspicious, but i just feel like he's not the type to have an affair, but is because i'm too wonderful to pass up. maybe i'm hypo- pass the Zyprexa!

maybe i'm blind to his vile ways. it seems that way to me.

Archived