CrazyBoards.org

WB Question ( wellbutrin/bupropion )

Ok. I gained 15lbs and counting from Zyprexa and how it makes me crave Dairy Queen (and I'm vegan) like nothing else. Not only did Z lead me down the path of Vegan Hell, it helped put some more weight on my already obtrusive ass.

SO- my pdoc said that the upper ranges of WB will help with the weight issue. I now take 450mg of WB. I do not know if it is helping, as I am dieting and trying to get out more.

Do any of you have any experience with using WB as a counter to weight gain? BTW, it is also helping my sex drive problem (LACK of sex drive and lack of ability to have sex).

Loon

Hey Loon, Forgive me, but didn't you say before that you are not fat but have body image issues? Does your pdoc think it's ok for you to try to lose weight right now or is your mental state too unstable to worry about that? Personally I would use intense exercise first to try to lose some weight (like cardio 5 times a week, and weight training too if you can) before meds. If you need the 450 for mood though that is another story. I can't blame you too much for being upset about gaining 15 pounds because it would make me pretty unhappy too, but just try to figure out what is most important *right now*. You can always lose weight later.

P.S. If that is you in your icon, we kind of look freakily alike except I have short hair. I mean from what I can see. Also, nice Billy Joel reference BTW, lol.

WB has helped me with weight loss, but I think it's only because I would forget to eat all the time. Seriously, if I didn't have someone remind me to eat, I would eventually figure out that I hadn't eaten anything in 2 days. Which, is excellent if you tend to do the compulsive eating thing. I don't. I don't eat often enough as it is. Plus WB makes me a manic nutjob. Funny, that, since SSRIs are seeming not to. Guess I'm an odd duck.

Good luck with the WB!

Hiya-

Hollywoods- Yep, that's me, and if we look freaky-alike then maybe we were separated at birth. Were you born on August 12 per chance? lol. Also, thanks for understanding my reference. I think it goes over enough heads.

And I do have a phobia of being too fat. I've never told my pdoc about it. In this case, I'm just feeling uncomfortable being bigger than I was before. Also, I am binging, and the WB is supposed to solve that.

Serra- Great that it is helping you lose weight, bad that it makes you totally forget and manic.

It doesn't make me manic, only helps control the binging and gives me acid reflux.

Thank you, hollywoodfreaks, for thinking my coloring combination (dark hair, blue eyes) is pretty. It is good to focus on th elovely and not the obtrusive ass!

I used to weigh 115#, however gained a lot from Z. That's why i'm on WB. I do have body image issues, and of course, try like crazy to diet. my dieting often gets derailed by binging, but i do not purge, i just don't eat for another day. like today. i'm on a non-eating day. I had too much to eat yesterday. this is probably an ED NOS.

I'm interested in if going up on WB is possible, or just a waste of time. Can WB at higher doses help the depression I'm in and the weight issue? is 600mg WB ok or just not good?

450 mg is the maximum dose - haven't heard of anyone being prescribed higher, probably due to seizure risk with higher doses.

I've been on it for years, and at 450 mg since 2003. Haven't noticed any weight loss effects, but I've been a binge eater forever, and the last time I weighed 115 was in elementary school. But compared to other ADs it's much better in terms of weight effects. Good luck with it.

Archived