CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
HazelBLK

deliberate isolation

I have been really triggered lately and every social contact I've had in the last couple of months has resulted in paranoia, talking too much , disclosing too much, substance abuse an/or impulsive decisions.

How long do I have to hide from people before I am safe? It's starting to scare me now.

I know it isn't good to isolate but what do you do if all your social life is being impacted like this?

Are you in therapy? On meds? If so, a change in tactics may be needed.

If not, do you need to be?

You deserve a better life than hiding in a cave.

Is this behavior new? What is triggering you, memories? I have had similar problems on and off throughout my adult life, therapy has always been key to getting out of the cycles, but it can take awhile depending on what aspects of abuse you are attempting to heal.

FWIW. S9

I don't know. I wish I had some helpful hints for you, but all I can say is that I relate. I avoid everyone except my boyfriend, best friend, and brother, because for the past few months, all other social contact I've had results in the kind of stuff you said.

I guess none of this is new for me and I don't know why it always seems new...but I have a hard time believing my own life. The more trouble I got in during my life I have gradually turned into a hermit.

Stuff in the news and the fact that I seem to attract nothing but sickos in my life in spite of being wary and alert they fool me all the time, and yes, I'm in therapy and on meds.

lithium 450 twice a day, Risperdal 2mg, ativan 2 - 4 mg a day, and ambien or restoril when needed. fun fun fun.

Stuff in the news...

Whenever I am not doing well -- various MI, even physically -- the best thing to do is to NEVER watch the news, read newspapers. I know it is a difficult thing to do. I like to be informed and keep up with current events but with all the information and all sources available today, everything begins to get scary, I get paranoid, depressed, or more depressed, the more I want to isolate myself, etc. = viscious cycle.