CrazyBoards.org

am i getting worse?

ok, recently i have been having these weird eye spots. like when in the pool, i saw water bubbles, but they were only in my eyesight. it formed in the center of me head? and if i moved my eyes a certain way i could see it much clearer. it was just a spot, but very weird.

also, when i looked at the sun, everyone has sun spots, but this was like 8 circles of light clumped together that stayed their for quite awhile. again, once i moved my eyes inward, i could see them much clearer.

it has happened before, but i never paid enough attention.

it does happen when i try to sleep sometimes. it looks like a jumble of red curves/lines and is very clear when i look inward. this is the first time is has happened to me during the day.

any input would be appreciated!

thanks,

Kathryn

Might the spots that are like water bubbles be "floaters", which everyone gets? I think we all tend to get more of them as we get older. I see little bubble things, and others like funny looking colorless long skinny twisty things, or else little hairs, that float around in my eyes when I'm looking at a blank field, and in my case I'm pretty sure they really are floaters. I can see these almost anytime I'm looking at a bright, blank field, especially a blue sky.

Perhaps you are looking at the sun longer than the rest of us do? Looking at the sun is a very bad idea. I have a hobby where I often inadvertently see the sun for longer than I should. I get "tracks" in my vision from moving my eyes around with the sun in view. I try to look away or, if what I'm looking at is close to the sun, hold something up to block it.

I've noted that various meds make me prone to seeing or hearing some pretty funny stuff, tho it's usually overwhelmed in the presence of real sensory data. I don't know if any of your meds do this. Back in the dark ages, decades ago, beyond the statute of limitations and the time of the internet, I used to see some pretty strange stuff projected on my eyelids from various substances consumed.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by moving your eyes inward. Crossing them?

Anyway, I know very little about bipolar, but I'm not sure what you're seeing is any reason to panic. When we start to pay a lot of attention to our senses, we see some pretty strange stuff. For instance, if you can make yourself stare EXACTLY at a spot for a long time, everything around that spot will look like it's trying to squirm. Nerves get tired transmitting the same signal all the time, I think, tho I have no special knowledge.

ok, recently i have been having these weird eye spots. like when in the pool, i saw water bubbles, but they were only in my eyesight. it formed in the center of me head? and if i moved my eyes a certain way i could see it much clearer. it was just a spot, but very weird.

also, when i looked at the sun, everyone has sun spots, but this was like 8 circles of light clumped together that stayed their for quite awhile. again, once i moved my eyes inward, i could see them much clearer.

it has happened before, but i never paid enough attention.

it does happen when i try to sleep sometimes. it looks like a jumble of red curves/lines and is very clear when i look inward. this is the first time is has happened to me during the day.

any input would be appreciated!

thanks,

Kathryn

hmmm...floaters. i will look them up. thank you.

yea, crossing my eyes.

oh, i remember something else. when i look up towards the sky, there are short black lines all around the border of my eyes and they move inwards.

ok, over-anaylzed, but does worry me.

thank you!

kathryn

ldo made good points. Unfortunately, a lot of what you said doesn't make sense to me.

Floaters are small bits of cells that come loose within the eye and float around inside. They are common and not usually a problem, unless you suddenly have a bunch appear. They usually are percieved as dark spots that move around anywhere in the field of vision.

Please don't look at the sun. The eye focuses the light which will damage the retina in fairly short order.

Faint lines which you might see appearing from the edges of your vision may be the arteries in your eyes. Sometimes it is possible to actually see blood cells as they move through the vessels.

If you have any concerns about your vision see your doctor or optomotrist.

a.m.

Guest espressogrrl

When we start to pay a lot of attention to our senses, we see some pretty strange stuff.

EXACTLY. and now that i am trying all these new meds, its getting harder and harder to separate what is new and what was always there, but never paid attention to...

and being OCD and obsessing about it makes it WORSE...

Archived