CrazyBoards.org

I know that it may seem like that things are not normal and that you may not find someone. But I've known many guys that have not had girlfriends nor have had sex until their late 20's or early 30's.

Things will happen when they are ready to happen.

Do you have difficulty speaking to women or people in general?

If perhaps people in general then maybe you should check out the Autie Board?

Sorry, I don't know what your DX is and I'm not too good with the whole social thing myself. Sorry.

I have to jump in on this...the Mom in me is coming out. Just because it appears that "everyone" is having sex doesn't mean it's so. And frankly, some of those having sex have no business having it because it has more to do with youthful expectations and "joining the crowd" than anything else. Yes, I am perceived to be an old lady (48) and, yes, I had sex hundreds of years ago as a teenager, too. I'm not judging anyone's lifestyle (my 19 y/o dd is sexually active and my 21 y/o son is, sigh, going to be an unmarried father which thrills me to no end *NOT*). The thing is that our world is based around certain expectations of society and for some reason every kid at the high school that I worked at seemed to think that everyone was having sex and not having sex meant they were not "normal" or something equally as horrible.

O.K., so my point is that your feelings may have a lot more to do with what other people think and say than what is real. Trust me, we all have these kinds of problems. I have a dd who somehow thinks she has to have a b/f all the time...argh!

H,

The best thing I ever did where dating was concerned was drop this idea of 'normal' and imagining everyone else was and I wasn't, using it as a stick to beat myself with. If you can accept that it is absolutely fine to be in your mid twenties and not have had a significant romantic relationship then a lot of your struggle will have ended. As a 21 year old woman, I don't think I would see someone like yourself as abnormal nor not date you because of it. Inexperience can be quite attractive too. The most loving people I have been with have been inexperienced people, probably because they're not jaded from endless dating.

Someone wonderful will come along. Just be patient.

I'm 22 in September, I've never had a girlfriend, and I've had sex three times with the same girl, all of which was a crap and unco-ordinated failure.

Just wanted to send some love your way and tell you that you're not alone here.

*jumps into your boat*

I would try to offer advice, but I don't have any. I feel the same way.

Take care!!

Archived