CrazyBoards.org

Last night, I went to bed early to get a good night's sleep so I was ready for the counsellor tomorrow. I thought I had an appointment at 11am. Plus I had to get up to let the builders in. We're having our bathroom re-decorated. I thought I had to go out at 10:30am to get there, so the builders came early to get the key to our house and garage (my Dad knows him personally) in case they didn't get here before I was out. But, alas, I got the day and time wrong. It's tomorrow and at 10:30am. I think I thought it was today at 11am because my last appointment was that day/time. I feel so stupid and embarassed. They just jokingly laughed and said "nevermind", but I bet they really think "what a stupid dick". I hope this isn't an omen for today, but I bet it is. They're outside my bedroom door right now. I feel shitty today, like such a complete loser and pathetic, and I am. I think it will get worse later on too. I can feel a cutting urge later. I have no scabs right now and haven't cut for weeks ;) I still haven't shown my parents my arm either :) I told my Mum "another night" and reasons why last time. I dunno, it just doesn't ever come up.

Just venting.....

Take care!!

Guest Guest

Lots of people lose track of their appointments sometimes. Recently, I remembered that a 10:00 appointment was at 11. So I'm rushing out the door, a little behind schedule, at maybe 10:40, and I get this call..... My s.o. forgot a month or so ago. Even people who are considered normal sometimes lose track. I'm sure if you felt comfortable enough to ask the builders, they could tell you LOTS of stories about crazy situations where a homeowner forgot about the builders. So, this forgetting isn't any reason to beat yourself up. And it won't help to beat yourself up. So be nice to yourself. Ok?

Just the Sunday before last I was feeling good about seeing the appt. card in my wallet in time to remember to make it to

my Monday pdoc appt. So in I go, sign in, etc. everything's hectic, behind but OK. He says he'll see me in a month.

Even repeats it - I'd figured the meds had been stable enough to go to 2 months between visits. Whatever.

I then take the prescription to the drugstore and am thinking since this is Tuesday, there's a lot to do this week and

gosh this headache sux. Waiting on the pharmacist I pull out the old appt. card, as I no longer need it, right?

The appointment was for Wednesday. oops.

What? We're supposed to feel bad when we show up at things when we're not supposed to be there? Uh, my wife and I have done that two times in the last week.

I kind of like standing next to my car in a totally empty parking lot and calling my wife and telling her, "uh, I dont' think it's today."

Really freed up my time.

i was at my doc's signed in and everything but they couldn't find my chart (they always set out the charts for the day).

the receptionist checks the computer, looks at me and in a kindly voice says "honey, your appt isn't until next Monday!". i must have really looked pathetic cuz she can be kind of abrupt.

Archived