CrazyBoards.org

Hello!!

I don't know if this is an issue to be concerned about or if it is common or not. I have a morning routine that I have to go through, otherwise the day feels like a waste and horrible and there is no point in trying to do things calmly and well. I feel so rushed if it's late or anything.

I have to lye in bed for at least half an hour. I have to be up by 11am. I have to take my medication by 11am, preferably the last intake. I have to have a yoghurt, followed by cake, pie or cereal (or a combination), every morning. After that it has to be my gym protein drink. All this has to be done whilst watching TV. The day just has to feel right for the rest of the day to fall into place.

Come to think about it, it's the same for all days at most times. I don't like things that aren't normal in my life or are a big thing, but spontaneously done (spontaneous = an hour later, or deciding to go on holiday and doing it three days later [never done this though] ). I get a weird feeling if they happen like my world is out of sync.

Does anyone else get this type of thing? Or am I been silly over nothing?

Take care!!

Guest espressogrrl

here's what i think...there could be two explanations

you found the routine that normal people have, prefer and like. or. you could be OCD. depends on what your words "Have to have, have to do, have to eat" mean. if you mean you prefer it, great! if it means "have to have because if i don't some horrible unknown fate that I cant pinpoint will doom me forever" its a compulsion and its ocd. at least that's the difference between the routines i prefer, and the routines I can't break.

(my nasty routines here)

Hello!!

It feels more like if I don't do these things in a certain routine, bad things will happen. My brain won't be able to let them go. The world just feels horrible to me because these things are there or the day has been completely ruined and isn't worth anything. I don't know why or what this is.

I read your "nasty routines" post. I'm sorry to hear you have those compulsions and feel that way.

Take care!!

I have my routines that if they aren't completed then my day or week is just shot to hell.

Because my routines kind of dictate what comes next. I don't know how to explain it.

It's more of a way of keeping track of time and days with me.

But if I don't do laundry on "Laundry Day" then it will have to wait until next weeks "Laundry Day". Because that is "Laundry Day". Now that I have my routine, finally.

Then there are the things that can only be done during certain times of the day or night because that dictates what time of the day or night that it is. Otherwise it just messes things up and then I'm all confused.

But for some reason it doesn't apply to when I am on Holiday. Because then everything is so jumbly that none of it matters and everything is so screwy anyway.

This probably makes no sense at all. Sorry.

Archived