CrazyBoards.org

Ken Lay Dead of Heart Attack

I am a Office show addict. And Office Space the Movie

I first watched BBC Office and when I heard there would be a US version I was kind of leery.

But with Steve Corral in it and the lines in the show are hilarious.

Any one who has worked in a office environment can really laugh at some of the stuff they do.

I love The Office

I agree LG, with everything you just said.

Sometimes American versions of British sitcoms are poorly done (Coupling for example), but The Office has been great!

And Office Space the movie was a classic. I love it when they beat the hell out of the printer - I mean, who hasn't hated the printer at one time?

fucker was "vacationing" in aspen. what was he vacationing from? how is he allowed to still have a place in aspen, that just sucks. blah.

why couldn't he have died in prision like he deserved?

and... yay office space!

the guy who played peter is going to be in this new show on fox about hostage negotiators. it looks really bad.

i wonder if he took the easy way out and had an associate or a lawyer smuggle him an adrenaline shot or something else that would induce a heart attack. i had hoped he would have to be some big dudes girlfriend for at least a little while.

r

In the end Ken Lay was still a human being, even if he was a lousy one.

He did not deserve pain nor torture any more than the people in Guantanamo, or captured American or British soldiers or civilians in Iraq.

Let's face it, Ken was playing a game that a great number of others played as well. He just happened to have his business collapse and he got caught with his hands in the till. I won't revel in his death as he may have been a louse to most of us, but he may have meant something to someone.

If there is a positive, perhaps he can serve as proof of the inherent avarice of capitalism.

Guest espressogrrl

Kind of hard to feel sorry for the douche bag. I say they try to revive him again...I really wanted him to go to jail.

yes yes yes yes

!!!!

I think he is a sick bastard who got off easy by death. jerk. the pensions losts, hundreds lost without health care or income in their golden years, having to choose between food and meds... fuck him.

I'm gonna say this, then duck and cover.

Yes he was convicted of doing some pretty evil shit. My gut tells me it wasn't him though. And I heard him interviewed a couple times. He was a contributor to a lot of charities. Yeah - could have been a front. And all those So. Ca. blackouts were bullshit. But still.

I believe he was the fall guy. And stress killed him. Not cool for anyone.

Here I go. Undercover. ;)

My dad died of a med induced heart attack. He took gobs and gobs of crazymeds.

Maybe good 'ole boy Ken was on crazymeds too. You'd have to be crazy, or totally so money-crazed as to lie and feel no remorse, to do what he did. I think his crimes fit in with those of Daimer (sp?) the cannibal who hung himself (or was it murder?) in jail.

In any event, whether rotting in a cell or in a grave, the douche bag is rotting. God Bless America.

you don't have to duck and cover from me breeze. he may not have been the main bad guy. and in retrospect, i would agree that he may certainly have been just the fall guy. (olly north anyone???)

but i don't think that it is really possible to catch people as powerful as he was. probably, he got over-confident, or careless and was nailed to the wall.

the best ones always walk free. or just watch the whole thing on a little portable tv from their beach chair in the bahamas.

grouse.

In the end Ken Lay was still a human being, even if he was a lousy one.

He did not deserve pain nor torture any more than the people in Guantanamo, or captured American or British soldiers or civilians in Iraq.

Let's face it, Ken was playing a game that a great number of others played as well. He just happened to have his business collapse and he got caught with his hands in the till. I won't revel in his death as he may have been a louse to most of us, but he may have meant something to someone.

If there is a positive, perhaps he can serve as proof of the inherent avarice of capitalism.

You are, of course right, Mack. But try as I might, I just cannot muster up the tiniest bit of sympathy. My husband's company enronned us in the 90s. We got 8 cents on the dollar after they were through fucking with him. We've had equally heartless treatment from credit card companies. Yes, I am bitter. ;)

Guest espressogrrl

I'm gonna say this, then duck and cover.

Yes he was convicted of doing some pretty evil shit. My gut tells me it wasn't him though. And I heard him interviewed a couple times. He was a contributor to a lot of charities. Yeah - could have been a front. And all those So. Ca. blackouts were bullshit. But still.

I believe he was the fall guy. And stress killed him. Not cool for anyone.

Here I go. Undercover. ;)

Hello!!! Dont take cover, I am not out to flame you... :)

I just wanted to note that charity giving for a man of his income would actually increase his income via tax deductions (its due to a certain amount as opposed to a certain percentage of income that the massive deductions are beneficial).... and also made his company and his personal life approved for larger benefits.

My company is a nonprofit 501c4. Adding a c3 giving arm really is the only way we stay afloat - the bells and whistles that come with it....

it's common amongst thieves - it gives them more loopholes, unfortunately. Not that I wouldnt take the money.

Archived